Millis OTR journal

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Steelersjunkie, May 15, 2017.

1. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    And after having been to Texas 3 times in my 2yrs here, Im now going back for the 3rd time in 3 wks.....weird

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Suspect Zero

Suspect Zero Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    Ick. I got live loaded there once. Lady told me where to go (almost all always do) to find docks, get there and look for dock, it's the one closed to the fence, I was like :eek:

FalconsFan21 Thanks this.
  4. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Lol ya the setup here can be a pain depeding on where they put you and how many trucks are there. They actually started on me fairly quick, I've sat here before for hours. Looks like from here to BRF is where the snows at, south of BRF is clear. Of course fastest way to Texas from here is over to Minneapolis and down into Iowa, but thats now happening with the weather like this. Ill take a little longer route and get down into IL where its in the 40s and 50s and no white stuff falling

5. Suspect Zero

Suspect Zero Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    Yeah, with that radar I would be eating the miles and depending on where you need to end up run down 39/55/44 to avoid the snow capades. it doesn't look like Iowa is going to be very friendly for a while.

6. FalconsFan21

FalconsFan21 Light Load Member

Jan 23, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    LOL, well remember @Steelersjunkie has mentioned many times he knows Millis reads this board, so maybe they saw you mentioned you’ve only been to Texas twice and decided to correct that for you LOL, or maybe they just know you don’t like the white stuff and are trying to keep you where it’s warmer! :cool:

Steelersjunkie Thanks this.
  7. Diablolover2

Diablolover2 Light Load Member

Feb 4, 2016
    Hopefully they snow isn't as bad as they say it's going to be.. husband just got up to brf dropping a load and is hoping to get back out soon.

8. Aamcotrans

Aamcotrans Road Train Member

May 24, 2016
    Strasburg, Va
    Day 2 of backing, got them all down for the most part. Still need a pull up or two here and there. Most cones are still alive..
    One thing about being the only student, I get all of the attention. Bad thing is, I get all the attention..

9. hollywood76

hollywood76 Medium Load Member

Jan 16, 2015
    milwaukee wisconsin
    hello everyone I just got my app approved for Richfield school so now the questions I have what are the school hrs and days can I work my weekend shift at work 7pm to 7am fri sat and sun did I read this right u get paid the 2nd week in ur trainers truck or is it 3 weeks. lucky I live close to Richfield like 15mins or so rite off 41 and good hope rd

10. JOHNQPUBLIC

JOHNQPUBLIC Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    You may have an issue with your Sunday night shift, getting out at 7 am on a Monday along with the fact you will have been up all night before going to school all day. There is sometimes homework too.

I do not see an issue with the Friday & Saturday night shifts. Other than you will be wiped out when you get out Saturday morning but you will be able to go home and sleep all day.

School is generally M-F starting in the morning and ending in the late afternoon early / evening. There will be a couple times at least where the school will start early or end later to get in night driving depending on the hours of daylight when you attend. I doubt it would end late on a Friday night but it is possible.

When you are paid it is for the previous week worked so there will be a week delay once you are out with your trainer before you receive your 1st paycheck.

11. Steelersjunkie

Steelersjunkie Road Train Member

May 26, 2016
    I SHOULD be at the T/A in Effingham tonight if anyone's in the area.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.