Millis OTR journal

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Steelersjunkie, May 15, 2017.

1. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Glad to hear man. Told ya to call it wouldn't take long lol. Bill the instructor in Trenton is as good as it gets. Been with Millis for awhile and if you listen to him you'll do just fine. Again feel free to ask any questions that pop into your head.

DFritzKY Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DFritzKY

DFritzKY Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2018
    Thanks man, much appreciated! Peggi said the same about Bill in Trenton. Can't wait to get there and get this thing going. I will indeed pry your ear as questions come up.

4. olddogdon

olddogdon Light Load Member

Apr 19, 2013
    South Central Indiana
    I will be in that class as well. See you there.

DFritzKY Thanks this.
  5. 94coupe

94coupe Light Load Member

Nov 7, 2017
    North Carolina
    Ha ha ha

OnTheLevel357 Thanks this.
  6. DFritzKY

DFritzKY Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2018
    Cool, see you there!

olddogdon Thanks this.
  7. Farmer54

Farmer54 Heavy Load Member

May 23, 2012
    West Bend, WI USA
    Ever had one of those days where you were just a bundle nerves? I don’t know why, everything is going good in life for me.
    Had one yesterday in St Louis. Delivering off I-64 W at Skinker Ave. Yes, Skinker. Comin in from I-70 W out of E St Louis, my brain froze. I ended up going out 70 before realizing I messed up. Found and exit to flip around on. Ended up in 55 S and found another place tp flip around. I said to myself f it, I’m goin out 64E and flip around again. I swear y’all, I felt like the biggest dumbarse in the US.
    Finally got to 64W and exited at 34A, Skinker Ave. All through college/residential/park areas with lanes wide enough to make your butt draw up. Finally got to my Left turn to final and it was dead end. Looked nothing like pics on Google. Thank goodness there was a turn lane cause I locked this ##### down and called the final whilst I sat in the street.
    Final guy was cool, he’d been through this before. His words were, turn left in, hug the right side of the building and then aim the truck at the dumpster across the street. This will set you up for the blind side back. Uhggggggg,
    My brain was fried at that point but I held it together. I mean, whatcha gonna do? Ya gotta make it happen.
    BTW, it was Fritz Bottling. Don’t normally disclose deliver places but these guys are worth mentioning. Super nice peeps and fast to unload.
    Oh yeah, you can park overnight at the end of the one way street,,,,,,, if you dare.

8. Suspect Zero

Suspect Zero Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    Don't feel to bad man, the last time I had to go thru KC the brain damage was like that. Missed a split off and ended up doing a circle around the whole F'in city before I found myself again.... and that was with 2 GPSs running :oops::rolleyes:

9. CornStalk

CornStalk Light Load Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Midwest
    I deliver local and I have been to this place hundreds of times and I was cruisin down the interstate one day and blew right past my exit, talk about a real dumb #####move, at least you were going somewhere you don’t go to all the time, we all have those days.

10. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    If you never have, then you haven’t been doing this very long.

11. Steelersjunkie

Steelersjunkie Road Train Member

May 26, 2016
    Amen to that

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.