Millis OTR journal

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Steelersjunkie, May 15, 2017.

1. Steelersjunkie

Steelersjunkie Road Train Member

May 26, 2016
    After driving this truck for two days, it's interesting to see the differences between unaltered factory programming vs what companies can do to them. It's incredibly fascinating. I knew that there were lots of ways to tinker with settings, but I was completely oblivious to how much of a difference can truly be made. It's nuts. This truck and my last truck are only related by name. That's all they have in common. I'm glad this didn't happen earlier, it would've been frightening to drive this truck for the first time in snowy weather. I guess everything happens for a reason, the universe was looking out for me. I miss y'all, hope all of you are doing well out there in Millis Land. My offer still stands, feel free to contact me anytime. Even if you're just trying to kill some miles :)

OnTheLevel357 and Farmer54 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Steelersjunkie

May 26, 2016
    Fyi. Just so you guys know. There are truck stops out there that will install signal blockers that prevent you from using your own phone and WIFI. The FCC probably outta do something about that, but you know they won't. I am 1 mile away from where my truck is parked, and my signal is perfect. 4 bars of 4g. I always hated Love's, always will.

JOHNQPUBLIC Thanks this.
  4. Suspect Zero

Suspect Zero Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    Sounds like you're at the one in De Motte

JOHNQPUBLIC and Steelersjunkie Thank this.
  5. Steelersjunkie

May 26, 2016
    Nope. I'm in Mississippi

6. Suspect Zero

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    I always wanted to spend a Saturday night in Mississippi :biggrin_25513:

7. Steelersjunkie

May 26, 2016
    For God's sake, why?

SHOJim Thanks this.
  8. Suspect Zero

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    I was only joking man, even I don't hate myself that much.... but it would be better then the New Years Eve I spent in Jersey.

Steelersjunkie Thanks this.
  9. Steelersjunkie

May 26, 2016
    Jesus. No doubt there.

Suspect Zero Thanks this.
  10. Steelersjunkie

May 26, 2016
    I've come to realize one true thing. Once I make it back home, I'm never leaving. I'll never come back to the south again unless I'm in handcuffs and on my way to prison. F this place.

jethro712 and taodnt Thank this.
  11. DFritzKY

DFritzKY Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2018
    Training hours question... Millis requires 15,000 hours on the road with a trainer before a new driver is on his, or her, own. Just how long does that take exactly? I know it must vary, but what's the average number of days it take to satisfy this 15k miles requirement?

Also, what types of runs could I expect being a new driver? I'll be based in northern Kentucky, so the closest Millis terminal would be Trenton, OH.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.