Millis OTR journal

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Steelersjunkie, May 15, 2017.

1. Farmer54

Farmer54 Heavy Load Member

May 23, 2012
    West Bend, WI USA
    Yep, I think we'll be #####in' about those for years to come.

Steelersjunkie and Suspect Zero Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Suspect Zero

Suspect Zero Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL

If you ever run out of things to ##### about PM me and I'll send you my ##### list, I'm sure it's long enough for both of us to get good use out of it.

Steelersjunkie Thanks this.
  4. Steelersjunkie

Steelersjunkie Road Train Member

May 26, 2016
    I can add to that

Suspect Zero Thanks this.
  5. Steelersjunkie

May 26, 2016
    I feel like I'm back runnin' for Opie lol. The next few days are gonna be the tightest times I've had to meet in long time. Sometimes I think it's good for the soul.

Vic Firth Thanks this.
  6. Suspect Zero

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    The guy I'm running for in the new gig seems really nice, and he's got his #### together, but I still miss running for Opie. Got me what I needed then get the hell out of the way and left me alone. Went for 4 weeks once with nothing but the canned back and forth messages and the Friday here is you weekend preplan note.

It was heaven.

7. Steelersjunkie

May 26, 2016
    I agree, Opie's the man. But #### he loved stringing me out on my 14. But he sure kept the bills paid, no doubt. Now that I have to plan everything I'm amazed by him. Planning me plus god knows how many other drivers. No thanks.

Suspect Zero Thanks this.
  8. Waterboy334

Waterboy334 Light Load Member

Sep 2, 2017
    I was in the Brewery in Trenton last week and the lady said they were making a parking lot of 1000 spaces. I was like "Niice". As far as Cartersville, I'm wondering how long till someone does a 90 on that asphalt in this HOT summer heat? LOL

SHOJim Thanks this.
  9. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    They used some kind of material that is supposed to be able to handle our trucks driving on and turning on with no issues. However like the QC message said yday, trailers need dropped on the pad. Its easily visible now so really no reason not to. Already had a trailer sink a couple inches because it wasn't dropped on the pad, hence the message yday lol But with basically everything else in this industry we cant have anything nice because to many dumb ##### just dont care and have no self respect. The only bad thing I see about the blacktop at CVille....holy fn heat coming off of it lol

10. Steelersjunkie

May 26, 2016
    I am changing my name here, for the record. I am no longer SJ. I am The Fireman. I delivered in Cleveland this morning, and have to pick up in western NY tomorrow morning. I decided to stop home and take care of a few pressing issues. My home, my wife, my ex-wife, and my kid. Good lord, this is the hardest I've worked since I started trucking. I put out a fire with the delivery, with the bank, with my kid's school, my wife's insurance, and with my accountant. If I'm lucky, I'll get time for a half hour show on tv and a beer before the day is over. For all you people that want to find a place that gives you a lot of home time, you might want to reconsider. I'm looking forward to getting behind the wheel tomorrow. Home time blows. Y'all can keep it. That crap is too much like work.

MACK E-6, Farmer54 and taodnt Thank this.
  11. Suspect Zero

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    More then once during home time I called Opie and asked to get back out early. It's just less hassle to be on the road man.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.