Millis OTR journal

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Steelersjunkie, May 15, 2017.

1. Steelersjunkie

Steelersjunkie Road Train Member

May 26, 2016
    I feel like you just gave me a free pass, and believe me I appreciate that so much. Sometimes I feel like less of a man because I enjoy my auto. Rock on, driver.

JOHNQPUBLIC Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Steelersjunkie

May 26, 2016
    So that would be the jake, the jake stage button, and whatever happens to be next to it, which will vary based on the truck you're driving. I'm thrilled that I have a fan switch, which I didn't have before. That gets used a lot in the hills.

4. Steelersjunkie

May 26, 2016
    Here's a snapshot of a day in the life of O/O. I called Thursday to make an appointment at my home KW dealership. Got scheduled for yesterday. Got a call around 10am saying they didn't have the parts. Keep in mind, they had 3 days to get that handled. They never even checked their inventory. So I busted my butt and broke a few traffic laws to get parts for them in time to get it finished by this morning. 2.5 hours of my time on my "day off". Called this morning and they weren't even sure if it was done. I have a pickup 3 hours away in PA this morning. Good times. This is the picnic you're in store for when you own your own ride :confused:

5. Gremlin304

Gremlin304 Road Train Member

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    Too many truckers let their truck be an extension of, or sometimes even the very definition of, their masculinity. I've got a cousin that I won't even talk to truck driving about because he's got the attitude that "Real men drive tankers" and he's not just joking about it. He thinks he's a member of some kind of elite order because he has to manage his surge. Same for the guys that act like only real men drive sticks. I made sure that I didn't get the automatic restriction on my CDL just in case I need to drive one, but this auto Kenny makes me just as much money as it would if it had an 18 speed in it, and isn't that what we're out here for?

Steelersjunkie Thanks this.
  6. JOHNQPUBLIC

JOHNQPUBLIC Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    They probably never even looked until the moment that actually needed them for installation.

Steelersjunkie Thanks this.
  7. Steelersjunkie

May 26, 2016
    No doubt there

8. Gremlin304

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    I had a tough docking situation today that probably shouldn't have been so tough. Any of you guys ever been to Clark Distributing in Dyersburg, TN? I'm attaching something I made in MS Paint that shows how I tried to setup for this dock. It didn't work so well. I still had to wiggle back and forth a lot to get situated where I could back in. The blue line with the arrows is me. Everything else should be self-explanatory. How should I have approached this?

Attached Files:

Suspect Zero and MACK E-6 Thank this.
  9. Steelersjunkie

May 26, 2016
    I had one of those this morning o_O

10. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    That one doesn’t look too awful bad.

Of course, pictures like that are often misleading. Could you spin around in one shot?

11. Gremlin304

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    By one shot uou mean without backing up? Yes. But the front of my truck was right against the fence when I was done and I was jackknifed to the point where my reflector was about to disappear. If I'd had like 10 more feet to pull up to the right some and straighten out some after spinning around, I think it would have been fine.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.