Millis OTR journal

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Steelersjunkie, May 15, 2017.

1. Steelersjunkie

Steelersjunkie Road Train Member

May 26, 2016
    I was wondering about that :D

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Farmer54

Farmer54 Heavy Load Member

May 23, 2012
    West Bend, WI USA
    Center of rear axle. Yeah, it works for me.

4. Farmer54

May 23, 2012
    West Bend, WI USA
    If I remember correctly, it was you who suggested this months ago. This makes me even more loyal to Millis. Good safety record? They trust you. Heck yes.

5. Farmer54

May 23, 2012
    West Bend, WI USA
    Yeah. That bottom line on our pay stubs give an actual cpm breakdown as I'm sure you know. I'm at 0.48 and change. For those that don't know, that's figuring in safety and fuel bonus. That 150 some odd fuel bonus is my mad money for the month.
    I've been checking out a few other companies on advice from friends. Got caught in my craw I want to run West Coast. Got 2 job offers right now. I don't think I'll be leaving Millis though. I've given it some serious thought over my week off. I know the peeps in BRF, I know our freight lanes for the most part. I'm happy with Millis. Just don't ever dispatch me to X Plastics in Clifton, NJ again. Lol....

Suspect Zero Thanks this.
  6. Farmer54

May 23, 2012
    West Bend, WI USA
    I used to know some of the Pagan chapter in Richmond.
    Wish we could buddy. Would love a big ole juicey hamburger and a few beers.

Steelersjunkie Thanks this.
  7. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Got a bunch of places for pit beef in my neck of the woods.

8. Steelersjunkie

May 26, 2016
    Just so you know, for future reference. It's not the center of the rear axle. It's the center of the tandem. In other words, it's the spot exactly in the middle of the two trailer tires.

9. BazookaJoe

BazookaJoe Light Load Member

Mar 7, 2018
    They teach center of rear axle on the 41 mark. It’s center of both or am I not understanding what y’all saying which is probably the case. o_O

10. Steelersjunkie

May 26, 2016
    It varies by state, and it would be nice if everyone got on the same page. Some regulations read "center of tandem group" and some read "center or rear axle". Just depends on the state. If you want to play it safe, you're better off using center of rear axle. You'll never catch me in Florida or California so I never worry about it. I like running with my tandems a little more forward than most folks. If I'm getting a heavy load, I'll show the dock guys where I want the load to stop on the inside of the trailer. I get some strange looks sometimes, but my weights are always good. Never trust the dock guys to know anything about weight distribution lol.

BazookaJoe and MACK E-6 Thank this.
  11. BazookaJoe

BazookaJoe Light Load Member

Mar 7, 2018
    True, they want to fill it and move on to the next trailer.
    I usually put them right on or one hole forward were the mark is on the right side of the rears.
    Too far forward and the trailer gets squirrely bounces around I think anyway.
    The singles don’t help I hate them. I pulled an older trailer with duels wow it tracks so much better. Rides like a dream how anyone thought four tires would ride better then eight is beyond me.

Steelersjunkie and MACK E-6 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.