Millis OTR journal

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Steelersjunkie, May 15, 2017.

1. Steelersjunkie

Steelersjunkie Road Train Member

May 26, 2016
    I remember that very well. I'll be thinking about you brother. I hope you're gonna be ok. This is the wrong time of the year to get stretched. But at least your environment won't curl your nose hairs :rolleyes:

dwells40 and dhellmer Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Farmer54

Farmer54 Heavy Load Member

May 23, 2012
    West Bend, WI USA
    Now how did I know you’d catch that? :D

4. Gremlin304

Gremlin304 Road Train Member

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    And you just inadvertently described, in a nutshell, why forced dispatch is the norm for most company drivers. If we all got to pick our loads, some freight would never get picked up or delivered. I mean who in their right mind would take that Scientific Games Alpharetta load if they could say no to it?

I just did my first load to Florida. Jacksonville sucks but it wasn't as bad as some places I've been. I'm enroute to Houston now. First time I've ever run I10/I12. Can't really say I've missed much. It's kinda funny how many cities and small towns along this particular interstate has songs written about them, though.

5. Gremlin304

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    BAHAHAHAHA! My trainer dropped me off in Ellenboro for some home time while he had a load of beer going to Elkton. He asked me about this road and I told him to stay far away from it in a truck. He ended up running across 68 instead, which as we know also sucks but it sure beats 33! Absolutely beautiful country, but not fun in anything with more than 6 wheels. When they finally get US48 finished you can run it from exit 99 on 79 in Weston over to Strasburg, VA.

U.S. Route 48 - Wikipedia

I know right where that place is that you delivered those Gators to. I'm surprised I haven't gotten that load yet.

6. Suspect Zero

Suspect Zero Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    You never will, it's close to your home. LOL

Steelersjunkie Thanks this.
  7. Gremlin304

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    Yeah the closest they ever get me to home is that place up in Smithfield, PA. They like sending me there and I don't mind it even if they do take a minute to load you.

8. Steelersjunkie

May 26, 2016
    I got close to home all the time! But, admittedly, I live right smack dab in the middle of a bunch of Millis routes.

Suspect Zero Thanks this.
  9. Suspect Zero

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    I got close to it a lot also, I stayed only a few miles off 294 when I was home, but it was always close to home at 60 miles an hour.

Once I had time to meet family for breakfast, the rest just didn't have the time to stop.

10. Steelersjunkie

May 26, 2016
    I reckon you're right. I have no idea what happens to the cheap loads here, but no smart drivers are touching them. I had some lady call me a few days ago offering $1.90/mile. I hung up on her, didn't even let her finish her sales pitch. That's just gross. But someone's gonna run it, I just know it won't be me.

11. Suspect Zero

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    Also, that toll booth gate I was telling you about.... went thru there this morning on my way to pick up a load, they put a spring on it!!

########, didn't they know snapping that thing off was the most fun I have anymore????

:crybaby:

Steelersjunkie Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.