Millis OTR journal

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Steelersjunkie, May 15, 2017.

1. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Ahh Weedsport how I love this terminal. Pull right in get fuel, tell shop guys what needs fixed on truck and its immediately pulled into the bay and getting worked on. These guys out here actually look forward to having something to do i think. Oh did I mention, we are the only truck here in the entire terminal? Dont have to wake up till 6am this be the best night sleep I've had in weeks lol

Farmer54 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gremlin304

Gremlin304 Road Train Member

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    I think as long as you PARK ACROSS THE STREET you'll be okay. :)

Farmer54 and JOHNQPUBLIC Thank this.
  4. Steelersjunkie

Steelersjunkie Road Train Member

May 26, 2016
    Man, do I want to crawl in a hole right now. I'm at the Pilot on the east side of Knoxville. When I got off the highway, it appeared as if the entrance was at the first light. Not so much. When I got the green arrow I realized real quick I was wrong. It was a little access road leading to a few businesses. Oops. Too late now. I looked at the satellite map on Google and luckily found a trucking company terminal at the end of the road. Talk about friggin luck. I managed to turn around, get back to the light, and get to the Pilot. However, 3 trucks followed me on that wrong turn. Only one of them saw what I saw for a turnaround. The other two got themselves into a hell of a mess. I got into my reserved spot and the others rolled in, shooting me with daggers from their eyes. Not gonna lie, I'm a bit worried about my truck tonight. I went across the street to grab a beer and some food, and it's on the road I mistakenly turned down. As I approached the doors to the restaurant, here come two more drivers who just made the same mistake. Thank god, now I don't feel quite as stupid. I sprinted to the lead truck because he was about to make a really bad choice. I told him where to go to get turned around then went to the truck behind him and filled him in as well. They were both grateful and I'm hoping that I earned some good karma. And hopefully it's enough good karma to not wake up with a truck that's been vandalized. Here's hopin'.

5. Gremlin304

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    I'm always afraid of this happening when I go somewhere I've not been to. I've made some wrong turns but far they've all been easy to fix.

Steelersjunkie Thanks this.
  6. Gremlin304

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    I delivered in High Point today. Took Pat a while to find me a load, so I moseyed on down toward Bill's Truck Stop in Lexington. Finally got my load and it doesn't pick up until the a.m. So, I got to hang out with an old friend and co-worker that I haven't seen in 20 years. I can't remember if I mentioned that I lived around here for awhile back in the 90s.

7. Steelersjunkie

May 26, 2016
    @MIT holler at me when you get a chance. I just grabbed a load that picks up on Friday and delivers on the 26th on the south side of the Pittsburgh area. I should be home Saturday afternoon. Lemme know what your schedule is like. There's a possibility this load can deliver on Monday and that's what I'm hoping for. Regardless, I'll still be home until at least the morning of the 26th but realistically it'll be the 27th. Let's go grab that beer and chew the fat a while. It's likely that Mrs Junkie will be with me, but she's good people and a lot of fun.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    MIT Thanks this.
  8. Steelersjunkie

May 26, 2016
    It's gonna happen eventually, that's a guarantee. Best thing you can do is remain calm. There's almost always a solution. Remain calm will result in a clear head. A clear head will find a path out. Easier said than done, I know.

9. Gremlin304

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    Like the time I've already told you guys about where I accidentally ended up in FLORIDA the first time I had to go to Cedar Springs. It was hard to keep a clear head there but I did and it kept me from trying to turn around in a few places where I probably would have gotten myself in trouble.

10. BullDozer-(

BullDozer-( Light Load Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Passed my CLP test today. Did pretty good on it. Got 3/50 wrong, 1/25 and 1/25. Got all my supplies for training on the way from Amazon. Paid $39.00 for 2019 Rand McNally deluxe motor carriers edition. Is that the normal price in stores, anyone know?

MIT Thanks this.
  11. MIT

MIT Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Absolutely. Will give you a call tomorrow as I’m driving home from Wisconsin.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.