Millis OTR journal

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Steelersjunkie, May 15, 2017.

1. Steelersjunkie

Steelersjunkie Road Train Member

May 26, 2016
    I'm not one to count chickens, but today was amazing. I'm extremely sexist when it comes to brokers. I'm convinced that I can't trust anyone but women brokers. It looks like I stumbled upon a real gem. Had a great day today. You are in fact reading this post on the greatest trucking day I've ever had. I feel so detached from reality right now. I'd go through my whole day but it's not setting in yet. All I know is life is good and I'm enjoying a killer day and a beer at one of my favorite places on the planet. Gonna be on cloud 9 for a minute. Be well, all of you. Love you guys.

BullDozer-( Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gremlin304

Gremlin304 Road Train Member

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    I know the first two. Where is Scary? I don't think I've heard of that one. I love funny place nam es. There's also Uneeda, WV named after the crackers. I grew up in a town called Man, which seems to crack people up. I didn't think much of it growing up but I guess it does sound kind of odd...speaking of which, we have an Odd, WV, too. Also my high school teams were the Man High School Hillbillies. There's a town named Poca and their high school sports teams are the Poca Dots.

Steelersjunkie Thanks this.
  4. Gremlin304

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    Yeah i was just thinking about that when I read that message on the QC today, because I was one of the ones that said that. Now I might have to take back what I said a couple of posts ago when I said that I probably wouldn't stay with Millis forever... because now I just might.

5. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    I messaged Matt in benefits and asked him bout the cost too. He told me the single plan would be staying same price, but family insurance would raise a lil but nothing outrageous but is considered the industry standard. Also the dental and vision would be same price as well.

Gremlin304 Thanks this.
  6. Gremlin304

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    I was wondering about that as well, so thanks for the clarification. Now I can go to a doctor without them going "wtf is this?" when I hand them my card.

MIT and dwells40 Thank this.
  7. packersfanmw87

packersfanmw87 Medium Load Member

Jan 7, 2019
    West Allis, WI
  8. Steelersjunkie

Steelersjunkie Road Train Member

May 26, 2016
    Poca Dots is hilarious, that made my morning lol. Scary is close to Poca. It's close to the Pilot in Nitro.

9. Farmer54

Farmer54 Heavy Load Member

May 23, 2012
    West Bend, WI USA
    Way off topic subject but I’m amazed at how nice my ride has been out of Orville today.
    Pulled up, trailer inspected went to get my bills. 46,982,,,,, #####! This is the 2nd heaviest load I’ve had with Millis and I hit the tandems just right. I’ve heard DOT doesn’t make much fuss on steering axle as long as it’s not stupid.
    Miss Emily is running like a raped ape and getting 7.8 mpg. I’m hammer down, 70 mph. BTW, the scales at Smuckers are pretty darn close to the CAT scales at Sunbury, OH.
    Steer, 12,040
    Drive, 33,860
    Trailer, 33,300
    Gross, 79,200
    Full tank fuel. Wish my AB loads would work out this nice.

Gremlin304 Thanks this.
  10. Gremlin304

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    Nice!

11. Gremlin304

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    Alright guys I'm on my way to Trenton with a load and then I'm going home just as soon as I get an empty. Last time I did that, there were no empties to be found in Trenton and dispatch had to have somebody give theirs up to me. Where nearby can I look for one if there's not one in the yard? The brewery most likely won't give me one.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.