Millis OTR journal

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Steelersjunkie, May 15, 2017.

1. Steelersjunkie

Steelersjunkie Road Train Member

May 26, 2016
    You can correct that on the Qualcomm. You can edit your logs.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
  4. Steelersjunkie

May 26, 2016
    ?

5. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Lol few posts up I'd asked him if he knew how to edit his logs and he said he'd never been shown. Just givin ya hard time lol

Steelersjunkie Thanks this.
  6. Steelersjunkie

May 26, 2016
    Lol gotcha. I saw that after I posted. This site is kinda buggy. I had one alert, but there were 10 posts. I just looked at that one post and responded. I love this forum but this is like technology similar to the mid-80's chat boards. Crimany. We aren't living in the era of Commadore 64s anymore. Or Vic 20s if anyone here is old enough to remember those.

ShinobiSharp and Friend Thank this.
  7. Gremlin304

Gremlin304 Road Train Member

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    Hahaha I miss the old computers. I was more of an Apple // guy but I knew my way around a C64. One of my favorite things to do as a kid was to go to a department store (We had Ames where I lived) and type something like this into one and run it. I cannot remember for the life of me how to measure the length of a string variable in BASIC now or I would include that.

10 FOR I = 1 TO 30
    20 PRINT SPC (I) "SOMETHING JUVENILE AND VULGAR"
    30 NEXT I
    40 GOTO 10

ShinobiSharp and Steelersjunkie Thank this.
  8. Steelersjunkie

May 26, 2016
    Lol yup I was a fan of that :D

9. Gremlin304

Gremlin304 Road Train Member

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    Little did I know that was going to be the humble start of a career that lasted almost 2 decades.

Steelersjunkie Thanks this.
  10. Steelersjunkie

May 26, 2016
    I wish I had applied my love for computers into something back then, instead of just playing Raid Over Moscow for hours on end lol. Or some other ridiculous distraction.

11. Steelersjunkie

May 26, 2016
    This is one aspect of training I'll never understand. If you are going to be a trainer, you need to be able to put yourself in the mindset of a brand new driver. You need to be able to remember your first days in the truck. Here's the honest truth... you will absolutely become more aggressive as you gain experience. But if you can't mentally shut that off for the benefit of a student, you aren't correctly executing your position. I remember being pushed in the mountains to go faster. Are you kidding me??? C'mon man, you can do that to a student. My car weighs a couple thousand pounds, and I've been driving cars since I was 13. A semi pulling a trailer full of beer is not the same animal. Do i drive fast through the mountains now? Yup. But at my comfort level. I still get passed by plenty of super truckers. But I'm also passing plenty of cautious drivers. It's all about comfort and knowledge of your vehicle. I played with my steer stops, so my truck turns a little sharper. Therefore I gotta watch turns on downgrades because I have a higher rollover risk. It's all about common sense and knowing your truck and your skill level. He should know better than to push you right now. That ain't cool at all.

ShinobiSharp and StyxxNC Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.