Millis OTR journal

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Steelersjunkie, May 15, 2017.

1. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    You'll learn to not give a #### with some more experience lol. If im not blocking anyone then screw then I'll move when I can lol

JOHNQPUBLIC and MIT Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Steelersjunkie

Steelersjunkie Road Train Member

May 26, 2016
    Forgive me for not remembering, but who was it that was from the Seymour IN area?

4. Steelersjunkie

May 26, 2016
    If you knew when you got there that there was no room to park for a few OR that they want to you leave immediately, there's a workaround. Send a message to your dispatcher as soon as you're checked in and let them know the situation. I learned to do that early on. Typically Opie had a load ready to go for me before my trailer was empty. If you're in a slow area or dispatch hasn't gotten back to you, just find the closest place to park on Trucker Path and let them know where you're going.

Farmer54 and MIT Thank this.
  5. Steelersjunkie

May 26, 2016
    There isn't a single easy thing about the money we make

MACK E-6 Thanks this.
  6. Steelersjunkie

May 26, 2016
    I've read this post about a hundred times and I'm still confused. I'm thinking that the first clue should have come as soon as you realize that you have to climb up about 4 or 5 feet just to get in. Or, I dunno, paying attention to the size of the thing as your passing it on the highway in your car. That's a priceless statement, I wish I woulda heard it.

MIT Thanks this.
  7. MIT

MIT Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Sort of did what you said. Another Millis driver was done unloading and said he was headed towards Trenton and was 12th in line. Lol I wasn’t going to wait in line at Trenton. Typed into Qualcomm to dispatcher that I found a cubbyhole to hide in at receiver and the only way I was gojng to Trenton was if I got kicked out. 5 minutes later I had a load out of Covington Ky to Milwaukee.

JOHNQPUBLIC and Steelersjunkie Thank this.
  8. MIT

MIT Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Sort of like a dentist complaining about bad breath.

Steelersjunkie Thanks this.
  9. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Ya I was pretty dumbfounded. Between that comment, almost hitting a oversize tire load, and almost hitting a stopped car at a stop light it made my decision pretty easy to call Greg. I called Greg at 11am and I was dropping him off at his hometown truck stop by 4. Like i said, less than 30hrs on my truck and 5.5hrs of driving was enough for me. Never seen someone so nervous. Freaked out cuz started raining, freaked out about the oversize in the oncoming lane of a 2 lane highway...so much so he moved toward the muther ####er instead of toward the shoulder.

I'll enjoy being solo for few more weeks

10. Farmer54

Farmer54 Heavy Load Member

May 23, 2012
    West Bend, WI USA
    Attention, rumor mill.
    I’m in Richfield for b service. I hear through the grapevine that LeeRoy is coming back. Best deisel mechanic ever.

11. Gremlin304

Gremlin304 Road Train Member

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    1. On a completely different note, there's something about the stereos in these Kenworths that annoys the ever loving crap out of me. Most of the time when I listen to music, I play it on my phone through the stereo bluetooth. This works great. What sucks is if I still have the input set to bluetooth when I get out of the truck and take my phone with me. When the phone gets out of range, the bluetooth naturally disconnects. What's annoying is that it changes the input to WX. What makes this even more annoying is that the volume level for bluetooth is considerably lower than WX even when I have the volume maxed on my phone, so I have to turn the volume up a bit on the stereo. So when I return to the truck, I either have a super loud weather report blaring in my ear or super loud static. As far as I know there's no way to "fix" this. I wish there was a way to make the stereo input default to Front Aux when it loses contact with the bluetooth device so I can return to a silent truck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.