Millis OTR journal

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Steelersjunkie, May 15, 2017.

1. Gremlin304

Gremlin304 Road Train Member

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    Yikes and I thought I sucked as a student.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gremlin304

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    On a related note, anybody that's been to Superior Beverage in Glenwillow knows that they have a strict "You must leave the property once you're empty" policy. This hasn't been too big of a deal in the past because there's that little side street with the cul de sac where you can go turn around and park and wait for further instruction. But now they're building a warehouse of some sort at the end of that street so I'm wondering if we will continue to be allowed to do that once it's done.

Farmer54 Thanks this.
  4. Steelersjunkie

Steelersjunkie Road Train Member

May 26, 2016
    You're about to loooove me. I always hated that about our radios. Next time you turn your key on, switch the input to sxm1. Then turn off your key off and wait a minute. Then turn the key back on. The radio should still be on the sxm1 setting. Once you switch it to bluetooth and go about your day, you're good. It'll go back to sxm1 next time you turn your key. Not quite sure why it works or how I accidentally discovered that. Took two years for me to figure it out lol. It will occasionally find it's way back to the weather channel, like once every couple weeks. Just repeat this process and you're good.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    Gremlin304 Thanks this.
  5. Steelersjunkie

May 26, 2016
    I've got the day off. Been spending my morning laughing my ### off watching trucks peel off their tops. Check out 11foot8.com and you're welcome :)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    Gremlin304 Thanks this.
  6. Gremlin304

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    Haha yeah I've known about that site for awhile. Crazy how many trucks get turned into convertibles by that bridge, isn't it?

I'll try that trick with the radio. Hope it works. As it is right now I could bring blinded and find my truck in a crowded truck stop just by following the sound of the WX report.

Steelersjunkie Thanks this.
  7. Farmer54

Farmer54 Heavy Load Member

May 23, 2012
    West Bend, WI USA
    I always hit up my dispatcher for a pre plan when I bump the dock there. The dispatchers know that place. Well, my dispatcher William does. He’s cool beans.

8. Gremlin304

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    I've got Pat and he's pretty inconsistent with the pre-plans. He gets me out of there pretty fast but not always right away. We pick up from one of the places that's across the street from there now. I came out of there and didn't even bother to close my doors when I got that load. Security guard probably thought I was an idiot.

9. Gremlin304

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    I've seen several trucks over the past few days that have had the Millis logo removed from the dome. Anybody know what's up with that?

10. Steelersjunkie

May 26, 2016
    Getting ready to trade them in maybe? I am almost at my one year anniversary of leaving, and my truck was due to be turned in at that time.

11. Gremlin304

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    I guess that might be it. Haven't paid attention to what truck numbers these had. I've got a 6-series and I know I won't have it that much longer but it's one of the higher-numbered ones so it'll be later in the year before they take it. I don't look forward to that day because I like this truck. This one doesn't have any of the stupid "safety" #### on it except for the following distance sensor. The Wing Man doesn't even work on it and I'm glad.

I had a driver tell me the other day that his truck adjusted speed for speed limit signs even when he didn't have his cruise control on. I hope he wasn't correct with that. I don't use the cruise on this truck because I like being the one in control of this truck. I built an entire career out of working with technology and I have seen it fail in too many different, dramatic ways for me to trust letting it control an 80,000 pound land missile.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.