Millis OTR journal

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Steelersjunkie, May 15, 2017.

1. Suspect Zero

Suspect Zero Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    No, I don't agree with him on that one either but there isn't anything you could say to change it, it's what he believes. I constantly had a mish mash of short(er), longer runs. Some weeks I had 4 loads, other weeks I'd have 7, but the miles were always there as long as I was willing to drag my ### out of the bunk and drive them.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Exactly. Take this week for example. I got re loaded in Memphis Monday for Rochester. 995mile run delivers Weds 8am with reload back to Memphis for Friday 8am 995 more miles. Reload to Milton Wisc 610miles for Mon morn and take it home for the weekend . So thatd be 2600miles for the week when deliver Monday . Or Opie asked if I'd rather drop the load from Memphis to Rochester in Trenton.

So 534 miles to Trenton dropped today. Wait for hour for a load and get 617 mile load to New York Mills for tomorrow morn. So thats 1151 miles by Weds morn on the 2 shorter runs, compared to 995miles on the 1 "long run". So my shorter loads have me ahead of the game. Its not rocket science.

But guess what. The shorter runs require me to work a lil harder and run my hours where the 995 mile load you can split that into 7.5hr days...

And that right there is why these guys want the longer runs cuz they can take longer breaks, and not run 10 or 11hr days, but they will also ##### cuz I'm going to get 3000miles compared to their 2600....

JOHNQPUBLIC and Suspect Zero Thank this.
  4. MIT

MIT Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Have been stuck here in Richfield all day with an Order of Drivers who have taken a vow of silence. Can’t wait to get back in my truck and strike up a conversation with myself.

Suspect Zero Thanks this.
  5. Suspect Zero

Suspect Zero Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    Don't worry, if they talked they'd only complain anyway.

Always hated being at a terminal.

6. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Yea you should've played the powerball cuz you're lucky as hell if you were at a terminal and other truck drivers weren't talking/#####ing.

MIT, JOHNQPUBLIC and Suspect Zero Thank this.
  7. JOHNQPUBLIC

JOHNQPUBLIC Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    How did New York Mills work out for you the other morning?

8. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Wasnt bad. Got there at 7 30am for 10am appt. Got put in door immediately. 2 trucks there when I got there. I was pulling out of there at 9 45. So not as fast as I'd hoped, but was still ahead by going in early.

JOHNQPUBLIC Thanks this.
  9. MIT

MIT Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Off current topic for a second. Just have to say I’m on my 5 th week now in my own truck and couldn’t be happier with my miles or my checks. I know I have taken little digs at the training dept last couple months but I am freaking thrilled at the end results. So thanks to Keen and my Trainer who can’t be named who obviously know a little something about driving.
    Also need to thank SJ, know your out there somewhere Brother!

10. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    No problem man. Im glad to help anytime You've got the right attitude to be successful here. And because of that I'm glad to help ya. Never hesitate with a question for me. Idc if gotta call me 10 times in a day if it helps ya out.

MIT Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.