Millis OTR journal

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Steelersjunkie, May 15, 2017.

1. Farmer54

Farmer54 Heavy Load Member

May 23, 2012
    West Bend, WI USA
    Yeah, that’s where I went. If you have kegs they’ll take you at 0700. Cases they won’t take you till 0800.
    I had a split load.
    Oh yeah tell us how you like the new truck.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Ok cool dont think I have any kegs.

So far Im liking the new truck. The transmission has been improved ALOT over the 17 I had. No more hesitation when you hit the gas pedal. Put the truck in reverse and it slowly starts backing up no more having to feather thst thing. Which believe me, with students, is going to be nice. I like that put it in reverse and it automatically mutes the radio till back in drive. And holy #### are those leather seats comfortable lol

However apparently the person making mine at the KW production plant was high lol So Friday morn I'm in LaCrosse and hook up to my 1st trailer with it. Back under it, raise bags, lock into kingpin, and get out attach hoses and raise my legs. Same thing I've done for 4yrs.

I hop in to move the truck from the dock door and my trailer wont move wtf 1st thought is is 46degrees my trailer brakes cabt be froze. So i recheck everything make sure I've got red on red and blue on blue I'm all good. I #### with this thing for 40mins trying to get trailer to roll. Yard dog comes over we get to talking and we figure out the issue.

KW has my glad hands on the wrong lines coming from the truck!! So we take my glad hands off put red 1 on the blue hose, blue 1 on the red hose, and my trailer rolls just fine lmao. They mised up my lines wtf lol

Farmer54 Thanks this.
  4. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Were they quick?

5. MIT

MIT Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2018
    My opinion is your students are going to have it much easier overall. The ease of controlling the jake, much simpler locking into gear going down a grade and yeah the not having to juice it to get it moving for backing is fantastic.

6. Steelersjunkie

Steelersjunkie Road Train Member

May 26, 2016
    Just for general knowledge for everyone else, you were correct about where you can run 119. I had to catch 43 off of 68. It's toll for a tiny bit in PA before you get to it, but can't possibly be more than 7-8 miles. If you ever take that road going north from there, keep in the left lane for 10 miles or so. Screw the cars. The right lane is narrow as hell and will chew up a trailer tire due to high curbs and frequent curves. After that it's a great road and a good way to screw PA out of toll money. As ready as they are to rape our wallets in that state, it would be nice if the actual fixed the dam roads, or salted them in the winter.

7. JOHNQPUBLIC

JOHNQPUBLIC Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    Anyone have info on Mitchell Grocery Group in Albertville, AL? I hate grocery places. This one looks small so maybe not as bad as the ones with 400 doors.

Luckily haven't had to do too many but the ones I have required me to do a change of address with the post office I was there so long. Also grew a beard a celebrated a birthday before finally being unloaded.

MIT Thanks this.
  8. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    I THINK I've been there but without looking at my book I'm not 100%positive. If its where I'm thinking it is it was quick, easy, and painless man

JOHNQPUBLIC Thanks this.
  9. Suspect Zero

Suspect Zero Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    Was there once. Docks are tight, as in not much room between the opposing buildings to set up. It was a lumper unload. Unloading time wasn't terrible but with any of grocery loads I ever caught it wasn't warp speed either.

When you look at it on Google maps you'll see an area to the left of the 2 opposing buildings with a row a trailers. Pull up in that area and take paperwork and check in, which I want to say is at near corner of what will be the far building from the area you parked in and not the small other building you see on Google maps but could very well be wrong on that.

You can try to front run your appt time a little bit not much, maybe an hour or so.

Also seem to remember you can NOT get in directly off Railroad between the 2 buildings, you have to get in from that little spec of Ruby Street.

Please take this with a grain of salt, I've been gone just over a year now so my info is dated.

JOHNQPUBLIC Thanks this.
  10. Gremlin304

Gremlin304 Road Train Member

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    So I'm going to Doldo Brothers in Watertown, NY. This place looks kinda fun.

11. JOHNQPUBLIC

JOHNQPUBLIC Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    Yeah you have to set up against traffic and on RR Tracks to back into their driveway and after what seems like 1/4 mile of backing down the parking lot, back into a dark, unlit narrow garage. It's loads of fun.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.