Millis OTR journal

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Steelersjunkie, May 15, 2017.

1. Gremlin304

Gremlin304 Road Train Member

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    How often do you guys get approached by other drivers asking about Millis? It's happening to me quite often these days.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Steelersjunkie

Steelersjunkie Road Train Member

May 26, 2016
    Holy christ there was a Millis party going on at my home truck stop yesterday. 3 trucks there when I pulled in last night. When i was at Millis I never once saw another truck there ever, not even stopping through for a 30 or a bathroom break.

4. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    9 of us in conneaut OH Loves 2 nights ago with 5 of us parked in line lol

Steelersjunkie Thanks this.
  5. Steelersjunkie

May 26, 2016
    The last 5 loads I ran had seals, not single one of the receivers even looked at them. I don't even put them on anymore. I'd rather have my doors free so I can check the load.

Farmer54 and JOHNQPUBLIC Thank this.
  6. Steelersjunkie

May 26, 2016
    Ha! That's where my in-laws live. Never liked that place, but the TA in Kingsville is a good place to stop. Plenty of empty spaces even late into the night. Hated fueling at that Love's. The lines were always ridiculous, the traffic flow is weird, and that place is always dirty. I don't miss going to Love's.

7. Gremlin304

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    There always seems to be a lot of us at Conneaut. Never seen 9 of us there at once, though.

8. JOHNQPUBLIC

JOHNQPUBLIC Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    I don't seal anything if the shipper isn't checking it on my way out for the exact same reason. So I can do a proper load check along the way.

I'll throw it on during my final approach to the receiver but 99.5% no one ever checks. If I'm dropping a trailer at a terminal for another driver I just hang the new seal in the back door so they can do as they wish. I also get to keep my straps that way.

Farmer54 Thanks this.
  9. Gremlin304

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    Also, there's usually something in the load info if a place is anal about having an intact seal.

JOHNQPUBLIC Thanks this.
  10. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Ya I refuse to go to Petros or TA's ever since they felt the need to turn alot of their parking spaces into pay to park as soon as the ELD mandate went into effect. Havent given either a dime of my $$ since then. I prefer Loves over any of them. Of course I cook in my truck mainly so them having fast food doesnt bother me, and I've been doing it long enough now thst if I know I'm shutting doem at a busy Loves that I'll have to wait for a shower then I'll shower on my 30 in middke of day. But to each their own if we all preferred the same places then noones getting parking lol

Steelersjunkie Thanks this.
  11. Steelersjunkie

May 26, 2016
    True enough. I'm almost always at a TA or Petro because of the fuel discounts. I get the best prices from them and Speedway typically.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.