Millis OTR journal

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Steelersjunkie, May 15, 2017.

1. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    If you made it to the final idk why you shouldve refused it? Deliver it and when get to final let dispatch know you only have 50mins left on your 70. They should either give you a load you can pick up after midnight or tell you to go park after delivering andwait till morning when freight comes out and you have hours.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Are you under a load or heading to a load? If not you could've PC to wherever you were parking and not taken time from your 70

4. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Man Midwest Whse has really been on top of it lately. Last Monday 1 hr to unload and reload us. Now today get checked in at 645 and we were unloaded and loaded and leaving at 0730 lol

5. Gremlin304

Gremlin304 Road Train Member

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    I didn't even think to do that. Since the dang thing kicks over to the drive line after 30 minutes I've avoided using that option.

6. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    If it kicks over after 30mins and yiu havent found parking all you have to do is message diane when you get stopped telling her and she'd fix it and give you your time back.

7. JOHNQPUBLIC

JOHNQPUBLIC Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    I don't believe it does that anymore. You can personal conveyance for an unlimited amount of time now. If for safe haven you have to stop at first available one but if that is 100 miles away than you keep driving there. It won't kick you into the drive line.

navajo Thanks this.
  8. JOHNQPUBLIC

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    If you are out of hours you can PC to safe haven regardless whether under a load or not.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    Reason for edit: Spelling
    MIT Thanks this.
  9. JOHNQPUBLIC

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    If I am running that low or suspect I will be when finished, especially in a ####hole area like New Jersey with no where to park, I just tell dispatch I will be too low on hours when I'm finished and I'll be ready the next morning.

10. Gremlin304

Gremlin304 Road Train Member

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    I told them that I had 59.minutes and to give me a general idea of which direction to head in looking for parking. Got the preplan for the load that couldn't wait til morning as a result. He took me off that one and gave me one for the morning instead but why couldn't he have done that in the first place?

I know the Federal rules about PC has changed but the last time I tried it was long after that and it still kicked me to the drive line after 30 minutes. This was sometimes back in the spring. It's kinda annoying.

I think it was the 2nd time I ever came home after going solo, which was before the new PC rules went into effect, I ended up taking a 10 less than 30 miles from where I park when I'm home. Was empty then too.

11. JOHNQPUBLIC

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    Wish ai could answer why you were given that first load considering your circumstances.

As far as the Qualcomm and the PC thing. I think it took awhile from the time the law changed until the companies caught up and got their computers updated. I also believe that each company can decide how much leeway to give their drivers up to the limit of the law. Some still won't allow any PC and others will allow anything legal. Not sure where Millis falls in this range.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.