Millis OTR journal

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Steelersjunkie, May 15, 2017.

1. Gremlin304

Gremlin304 Road Train Member

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    Last time I did that, Diane told me that it wasn't allowed. That you can not PC to a terminal under any circumstances. This was after they relaxed all the PC rules.

338-Dark-Knights Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Suspect Zero

Suspect Zero Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    My understanding is that for some really stupid reason I do not know she is correct, the way it reads you can not.

I'd still do it. If she complains tell her you drove to the Pilot next to the terminal.

JOHNQPUBLIC Thanks this.
  4. Gremlin304

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    But no worries. Turned out I had enough time to make it down to that little Gas N Go in Pinehurst

JOHNQPUBLIC Thanks this.
  5. JOHNQPUBLIC

JOHNQPUBLIC Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    I guess I have no idea. She has told me I cannot do other things related to PC and when I look up the rule in the FMSCA she seems to be wrong.

I used it once on a 2 stop load. I left the first stop after my 14 had expired and drove PC about 2 miles to a truck stop. She said I can't do that because I still had a partial load on board. Tells me I could have done it if it was my final stop and empty OR my initial load point and I was loaded.....this was when I looked up the FMSCA on PC because I was certain what I did is allowed. I still believe it was legal based on what I read.

She told me in the the past I could use PC to get back to the terminal where my car was parked for hometime. My purpose for going to the terminal was for hometime. Your purpose is safe haven and in this case the terminal is the closest safe haven. You're not going there to fuel, not to pick up or drop a trailer or get a repair or do anything work related. Who the $>=;@*% knows

6. Gremlin304

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    Yeah I could do that, and tell the DOT man the same thing if I get checked. Nobody is going to to be able to prove otherwise even with the ELD and GPS unless somebody starts asking Pilot for security footage and I don't think anyone is going to do that to prove that I'm lying to get out of a HOS citation.

7. Still undecided

Still undecided Heavy Load Member

Aug 21, 2019
    I got the message Tuesday, but didn't see this until now. I wonder why?

I got the letter they wrote to potential students like me about nothing changing, and figured I'd go ahead and see what happens. It would cost me more to get the training elsewhere, and I'd have to pay for it up front too. Hopefully things won't change for the worse before I get trained, and figure I'll have a good reason for changing companies if needed later on. And hopefully that won't happen.

Thanks again for the insight.

MIT Thanks this.
  8. MIT

MIT Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2018
    I have only made a handful of good decisions in my life and getting started with Millis was one of them.
    Since I’m still in my first year I can tell you as fact that everything they promised or guaranteed has been met so far. Safety bonus’s paid, fuel bonus has been paid when I meet the criteria. Raises like clockwork every 3 months. A week of vacation first 6 months, pretty sure I average around 2500+ miles a week. Only time I don’t come close to 3000 miles is home time weeks.

9. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Don't mean to interrupt or troll, but as long as you have freight on your trailer, you can't PC.
    Carry on

Knucklehead Thanks this.
  10. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Thats not true. If at a customer and they run you out of time on your 14 and wont allow you to stay on property you can PC to the nearest safe haven. That was implemented a year or so ago?

11. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    You are correct. However, individual companies made their own rules based on the guidance. Apparently, these are Mills rules

drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.