Millis OTR journal

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Steelersjunkie, May 15, 2017.

1. bbqman151

bbqman151 Bobtail Member

Jan 6, 2017
    Ok sounds good

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Farmer54

Farmer54 Heavy Load Member

May 23, 2012
    West Bend, WI USA
    Hey @keen98 , with a name like @bbqman151 , I’d snag him as my student too! I see your angle. Lol ;-)

Gremlin304 and dwells40 Thank this.
  4. bbqman151

bbqman151 Bobtail Member

Jan 6, 2017
    LOL. And I actually do cook barbecue, probably for 15 years or so. It's a serious hobby of mine. Ribs, Pork Butts, Chicken, and Texas style brisket. It'd be hard to take my smoker with me though. It weighs over 800 lbs. LOL

Knucklehead, dwells40 and Farmer54 Thank this.
  5. Farmer54

Farmer54 Heavy Load Member

May 23, 2012
    West Bend, WI USA
    Butts is about all I cook anymore besides chicken while waiting on the butts. I’m not competition grade but sure enjoy home made bbq and a few frosty adults beverages.
    I hope ya sign on with us and get @keen98 as your trainer, though it sounds like ya just need a refresher. He’s a good man.

bbqman151 Thanks this.
  6. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Hey I'm no dummy lol. And i do my own ribs wings brisket etc so we could have some #### good meals in our truck lol

dwells40 and bbqman151 Thank this.
  7. bbqman151

bbqman151 Bobtail Member

Jan 6, 2017
    So what school would be the best chance fir getting you as a trainer? Or does it matter? Can a new hire request a certain trainer?

8. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Any school would work. And yea you can request and i can tell our head of the schools. As long as i dont already have a student then it wouldnt be a problem to make it happen. You still have your CDL correct?

9. bbqman151

bbqman151 Bobtail Member

Jan 6, 2017
    Yes sir. Class A All endorsements. Valid medical card, valid TWIC card.

10. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Ok good deal. Then yea I'd definitely recommend Cartersville. Burleson be quite the drive for you.

bbqman151 Thanks this.
  11. packersfanmw87

packersfanmw87 Medium Load Member

Jan 7, 2019
    West Allis, WI
    I'm glad Jamie at Richfield and keen98 taught me how to set up for a 45 back. Amazing watching all these guys doing 90s and getting all twisted up to hit huge spots at these truck stops.

Anyway, Indiana i70...trash. seems every mile there was either a cop pulling someone over, a truck on the shoulder, or shoulder construction work. So I'm cruising along at my 62 max, when I start coming up fast on a champagne colored car. I move over and start to pass. As soon as Im just about to clear him, no buffer at all, he speeds up and matches me while I back up the whole left lane. Cars start darting to the right lane to pass and eventually he picks up the speed and I move back. A few miles later be is dragging ### again. I hit the left lane and activate the passing pedal. Just about to clear him and he speeds up. This time he maintains it,so I pull back behind. The truck behind me passes and pulls behind him, then finds the guy is too slow for him...car matches him for speed backing everything up for about ten miles.

Eventually they all drive away from me. A few miles later, the same car dives to the shoulder, slams on his brakes, and hops out, nearly right into my path (I couldn't move over because I was getting passed by a line of faster trucks).

So now he should be way behind me. Somehow as Im exiting for the Richmond, Indiana Love's, he is right on my bumper.

This morning drop and hook at Pinnacle foods, grab a pretty 19 trailer, get dispatched next door to Conagra, drop it in their lot and now have a AB trailer.

In line for security to enter Conagra. Always takes a while. Guy behind me honks, gets out and starts chewing at the security guy (only one to deal with two lines entering and one exiting). Security eventually explained that you aren't making things move any faster.

Anyway, I drop in spot 229 and my trailer to pick up is 246. Mad driver rolls by and parks his truck in front of the trailer line and goes into the office. Of course he is blocking 239 - 252 or so. I twiddle my thumbs, he comes out, pulls away and proceeds to leave the property completely. All that and he did dnh or hit a dock.

I definitely enjoy rolling in to the truck stop for the night at 2 or 3.

Knucklehead Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.