Millis OTR journal

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Steelersjunkie, May 15, 2017.

1. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    18 fn degeees in Mississippi WTF!!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Get ready... I do believe this is going to be a harsh Winter

4. packersfanmw87

packersfanmw87 Medium Load Member

Jan 7, 2019
    West Allis, WI
    I guess it was cold yesterday in Jackson, ga. Maybe teens overnight. Only idled twice so far, but not last night. Not sure if I will in Trenton either. Miller was a mess. One of the inbound scales getting repairs. Luckily I got to fly through the first lane with my bobtail.

5. Gremlin304

Gremlin304 Road Train Member

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    How long did you end up stuck there?

6. MIT

MIT Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2018
    34 hours and 34 minutes. Loaded at 10 pm crawled away from dock and started driving around 4 am I think.

7. packersfanmw87

packersfanmw87 Medium Load Member

Jan 7, 2019
    West Allis, WI
    Sitting at the flying j right next to a Heartland Express terminal. Do they gave fuel there? Because a heartland guy just pulled into the pumps here. I'm not brave enough to get fuel right next to a terminal, haha, unless the pumps are down and I have a new solution.

Unloaded at Fritz Distributors in East Alton, IL...now just sitting waiting at #2.

Only planning on driving two more hours today anyway but I hope I can get under a load before sleeping so I don't have to wait until morning and traffic to get under a load. Opie has 5 hours to work his magic.

8. Gremlin304

Gremlin304 Road Train Member

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    Yikes. Hope you get some good detention for that

9. MIT

MIT Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Haven’t even brought it up on my end. Figured there is going to be some bad days and bad weeks when I started. All that matters is the w-2 at the end of the year. Will be at 1900 miles for the week on Saturday with 2 days to go so the week was definitely salvaged.

10. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Make sure you are compensated man. Detention pay, layover pay etc. There is no excuse for that. Thats not a bad day. Thats someone dropping the ball.and you paying the price for it, no fault of your own.

You let them take advantage of you like this Midwest will just keep doing it to others. Maybe if their higher ups see some ridiculous payouts for detention and #### they will look at their process and make changes.

That $$ is paid by Midwest not Millis.

With that said I'm headed there Monday and Im blaming you if #### hits the fan lmao

11. JOHNQPUBLIC

JOHNQPUBLIC Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    You're right that there will be some bad days and bad weeks here and there but what happened to you and those other drivers is well beyond that and you need some sort of compensation for all of that BS regardless of who is to blame or why it happened. None of it was your doing and you aren't out here doing volunteer work. I'm not sure why you just weren't pulled out of there and sent somewhere else. It may be there is no other freight that we do anywhere near there and it was cheaper to pay you to sit than go somewhere else. I've never done anything in Memphis other than those loads.

You and all of us are out here for one reason and that is to make money. Just like Millis does what it does and Midwest warehouse is in business. To make money pure and simple. No other reason. Not one none driving employee at Millis or anyone who works at Midwest would give away 34 hours of there time for free and you shouldn't either. None of them would work 1 hour for free even though we donate many hours a week doing unpaid tasks and driving unpaid miles.

My suggestion is to message your dispatcher and ask what type of compensation is planned for you. I'm not suggesting they don't have something planned but I would ask what it is and make sure it is reasonable. A couple days layover at the very least would be reasonable. Detention pay for every hour you sat there would be more appropriate in my opinion. You can't let yourself be taken advantage of.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.