Millis training program

Discussion in 'Millis' started by bubba96, Feb 2, 2018.

1. HWYSLAVE

HWYSLAVE Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2018
    Gaffney, South Carolina
    Thanks! Either would be fine, as I live close to both. Cartersville is only 38 miles further than Eden, so not a big difference in distance.
    My concern at the moment is the availability of positions. Is there a wait list for training? I am literally packed and ready as I have been researching this opportunity for months! I have already acquired my D.O.T. Physical and CLP! Just waiting for a call to secure a training position; so that I can start acquiring the knowledge/skills to become a professional driver! Thanks again for the insight! Sorry for the highjack, and good luck to all!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    Reason for edit: Manners
  2. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    You'd be able to get into the next class at either location I'm sure. Call Peggi in the morning and she'll tell you which class starts quicker and has availability. Each location runs 1 class a month but im not sure what rotation Eden or Cartersville is on since most of my students come from Richfield WI school.

HWYSLAVE Thanks this.
  3. Luvtodrive

Luvtodrive Bobtail Member

May 26, 2018
    Peggi is real nice! I am in 3rd week in Wisconsin and really liking it. Heading to Georgia to drop off some tires and bumpers today.

HWYSLAVE Thanks this.
  4. HWYSLAVE

HWYSLAVE Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2018
    Gaffney, South Carolina
    Nice, congratulations! If you are traveling I85 through SC keep an eye out for the big Peach water tower that would be Gaffney my home town!

5. Luvtodrive

May 26, 2018
    Just stopped at Uncle Joe’s Barbeque in INA IL. Maybe the best I have ever had wow!

6. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Jealous!! Thats 1 of my go to spots everytime I'm in area lol.

7. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Tell Jamie to swing by the loves in jasper tn and bring me a brisket sandwich lol

8. Luvtodrive

May 26, 2018
    Lol will do

9. HWYSLAVE

HWYSLAVE Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2018
    Gaffney, South Carolina
    So....Yesterday: Called Peggi left a message, waited till 1600 no return call, called back no answer. I get it they have to be swamped!

Today: Check e-mail had a message on Driver Pulse stating application declined, messaged the recruiter listed on the app asking to elaborate, she was very cordial and completely professional in letting me know that I could not be considered due from my lack of work history.

Don't be alarmed every scenario is different so do not refrain from applying because of my scenario! I have been unable to work due from a neck injury received on the job during my 12 year career as a commercial diver. I have had two neck surgeries since and my doctors refused to release me for work.

I am in much better health now and ready to start a new career. I have already obtained my CLP and my 2 year DOT Medical Card. I have also been working with a friend that is an O/O on pretrip, coupling etc. I will continue to study and hopefully get some seat time. I am going to continue on my own and get my CDL. Hopefully that will put things back towards my favor!

I will continue to troll here learning as much as possible also! Thanks for your insight and assistance, roll on!

10. Duzula

Duzula Bobtail Member

Aug 22, 2018
    Are the driver facing cameras really that bad? I drove 4 months OTR last year, looking to get back into it, Millis seems attractive.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.