Millis Transfer CDL academy

Discussion in 'Millis' started by crc9211, Apr 24, 2014.

1. crunchy

crunchy Light Load Member

May 12, 2013
    central ky
    hey crc I got a question. has anything been said in class about how many tries you get at the cdl test. I have heard three but not really sure. I would like to apply with millis but this really concerns me. I understand they have really good taining but things happen. I would really hate to not pass and not have my cdl and owe for the school. just something that puts a bit of doubt in the back of my mind and makes me think I should go to a private school.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. crc9211

crc9211 Bobtail Member

Apr 22, 2014
    Douglasville, GA
    They haven't given us an exact number, but I know if you go in the first time and don't pass they won't fire you. After training, you go out with a trainer for minimum 15,000 miles. Somewhere within that time, or longer if necessary, you go to take the state test to get your license. So they'll give you a lot of time to fine tune your skills.

crunchy Thanks this.
  4. Justintruck

Justintruck Bobtail Member

Jun 5, 2014
    I have a question about the employment gap. I know you said you were outta work about 7 months. Then you said they were having trouble verifying one of your employers. How far back did they go? I wasn't working for 2 years, but I've been working for the last 6 months. Do you think that will rule me out or do I still have a chance with Millis?

5. Mev

Mev Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2009

Texas terminal was just a dirt lot when I was there , it's where you go to wait on Miller beers loads ,
    or was it Busch ? ,,,I can't recall .

6. PikesPeak

PikesPeak Light Load Member

7. crc9211

crc9211 Bobtail Member

Apr 22, 2014
    Douglasville, GA
    I believe they want a 3 year employment history, but if you were in school in that time period that should count. Basically the DOT wants you to account for all that time. I couldn't go any further back than 2011, because I was still in high school. For my gap in employment, I just listed on the application that I was looking for work. If the two years gap you have wasn't going to school, or anything explainable, then they might want you to get a little more work history before they accept you. If I'm not mistaken, that's the standard for most trucking companies, because it's the DOT that wants it, not necessarily the company.

Drac1985 Thanks this.
  8. Justintruck

Justintruck Bobtail Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Thanks for answering!

I was looking for work during that time, but I was also dealing with some personal/family issues. I've read something about notarized letters, but I don't really understand who's supposed to write them. I really hope I don't have to wait another 2 1/2 years.

9. crc9211

crc9211 Bobtail Member

Apr 22, 2014
    Douglasville, GA
    No problem. I would suggest giving them a call on their recruiting line on Monday, and explain your situation. The recruiters should be able to give a better answer than I can. They were all really helpful during the whole process.

Justintruck Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.