Millis Transfer Experience

Discussion in 'Millis' started by SESteve83, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Suspect Zero

Suspect Zero Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    While I'm finally in front of a computer (I have no clue how the hell people do this from a smart phone all the time, the typing on those kills me)

@Goobr54 ..... was great to meet you and be able to put a face with the name. Hope the road and trainer are still treating you good.

Farmer54 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Farmer54

Farmer54 Heavy Load Member

May 23, 2012
    West Bend, WI USA
    The pleasure was mine @Suspect Zero . Yep always nice to meet someone you've been talking to on the interwebs. Everything is going great man. Taking a little break here at Loves just south of Nashville. Got your DOT tests set up? Tell Becka Bob and Joe I said hey.

Suspect Zero Thanks this.
  4. Suspect Zero

Suspect Zero Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    I only have to test out with Jamie, I already have my license. I believe Becka Bob and Joe are scheduled to test with the examiner Friday.

Farmer54 Thanks this.
  5. Bamos85

Bamos85 Bobtail Member

May 8, 2017
    Hey is anyone starting in Cartersville terminal? I'm starting on May 15 I'm super excited for my new career. And do anyone knows how long it will take before I get on the road training for my 15,000 miles?

6. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    School is 3 weeks and then you have 2-3 days orientation. After orientation you will be allowed to go home and then it will be up to whenever trainer and you decide on you getting in the truck.

7. Broke Down 69

Broke Down 69 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Concord NC
    I can't decide if this is an abandoned thread picked up by others, or an epic hijack.

Farmer54 and OnTheLevel357 Thank this.
  8. OnTheLevel357

OnTheLevel357 Light Load Member

Apr 9, 2017
    Got signed off by my instructor today for all backing maneuvers. Everything felt very natural to me with the trailer while backing, the rest of my class (5 students) seems to be struggling a good bit and have completed straight backing and have been stuck on offsets for 3 days.

Bamos85 Thanks this.
  9. SESteve83

SESteve83 Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2012
    Granite Falls, NC
    Not abandoned. Have been super busy with some family issues the last week and a half. I will post a good update on my situation this weekend sometime. By all means others can use this thread to cover their experiences as it is good for people interested in the company.

Farmer54 and Bamos85 Thank this.
  10. OnTheLevel357

OnTheLevel357 Light Load Member

Apr 9, 2017
    Looking for opinions. my class started the 1st, when do you think the instructor should have made the appointments for local DMV testing? DMV was contacted 8th and don't have any openings available for us.

11. Finalsomnia

Finalsomnia Medium Load Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Woodstock, GA
    Which school are you at? I went to the Cartersville school and didn't get my DMV appointment until I was already on the truck with a trainer. I know the Burleson and I think Richfield school do it differently, though.

OnTheLevel357 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.