Millis Transfer Experience

Discussion in 'Millis' started by SESteve83, Mar 5, 2017.

1. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Most loves and pilot/flying J offer WiFi for small fee that's supposed to be able to use from parking lot in truck. It's extremely hit and miss. Some spots are good while others your lucky to stay connected 5mins.

SESteve83 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SESteve83

SESteve83 Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2012
    Granite Falls, NC
    Yeah, thats what I had heard so I was trying to avoid that. I may just break down and get a bigger phone which would make it easier to navigate the forums and facebook when needed. I can on my phone now its just too small and I don't like it. I'm not sure how hot spots work but I would like to keep the blog up to date while I'm with my trainer and when I get my own truck.

I'm off to Carolina Speedway tonight to watch them sling some dirt. Take Care

[​IMG]

Broke Down 69 Thanks this.
  4. Broke Down 69

Broke Down 69 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Concord NC
    Asphalt is for racing. Dirt is for planting crops.

SESteve83 Thanks this.
  5. JOHNQPUBLIC

JOHNQPUBLIC Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    Pilot / Flying J has free basic WiFi inside their stores. The free service does not go beyond the building itself. For a fee you can reach beyond the store into the parking lot or if you want high speed WiFi that is extra too. My experience is in store is ok but out into the parking lot at any brand is mostly useless. I paid once for an hour of service at a Loves and it was worthless. The logging in process takes several minutes which goes against your time and after that it kept dropping out etc... It also made me log in each time after it dropped out. Complete rip off as most truck stops are.

I would not do it again. You are better off spending your money on additional or better data service on your phone or device of choice. You may have spotty service from time to time depending on your carrier and where you happen to be at any given time but it will be far more reliable and cheaper than truck stop WiFi.

Steelersjunkie, Farmer54 and SESteve83 Thank this.
  6. L.B.

L.B. Third Generation Truck Driver

Jul 23, 2007
    Middle GA
    I find a large phone is a great tool in the truck. My iphone 6plus is my gps, scanner and fax machine on the truck. I know others at other companies that use it as their alternative to the qualcomm. (either their phone or their tablet connects to the truck via bluetooth using the JJ Keller system) It also is entertainment. An unlimited data plan is a must.

SESteve83 Thanks this.
  7. SESteve83

SESteve83 Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2012
    Granite Falls, NC
    Well, I am officially employed by Millis Transfer, Inc. The last 2 days in Eden were for Orientation which is a mountain of paperwork. We had 2 guys join the class who were experienced and starting with the company. We got our paperwork done, got some shirts and hat and now we are ready for training.

I have talked with my trainer and am going to be picked up Monday April 3. He asked me if I wanted to get home before training ended and I said I would just knock it out. The sooner I can get in my own truck the better. I just have a few items to get before Monday but otherwise I am READY!
    [​IMG]

8. Broke Down 69

Broke Down 69 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Concord NC
    Congratulations, keep tour eyes a day ears open during training. Hopefully you'll get a good trainer who looks at you as a student and passes along his knowledge of trucking to you.

Good luck and be safe out there.

DRAGON64, SESteve83 and Steelersjunkie Thank this.
  9. Suspect Zero

Suspect Zero Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    Congratulations! Be safe, learn a lot, have fun, see ya on the road....

SESteve83 and Steelersjunkie Thank this.
  10. Steelersjunkie

Steelersjunkie Road Train Member

May 26, 2016
  11. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Who's your trainer?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.