Millis Transfer School Journey (Richfield Wi Starting 8/18/2014

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by CaptainDaveG, Aug 14, 2014.

1. cincypapaw

cincypapaw Bobtail Member

Sep 12, 2013
    CIncinnati
    Congratulations Dave !

CaptainDaveG Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kramre

Kramre Bobtail Member

Sep 2, 2014
    Congrats!! :). Hope to be there early next year.

4. dennisroc

dennisroc Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2013
    Anjung-Ri, South Korea
    Keep us posted on your training and congrats

5. ArnettINK

ArnettINK Bobtail Member

Jul 21, 2014
    Congratz CaptinDave. I will be there in a week.... Glad to hear it all thanks again for the insight.

6. CaptainDaveG

CaptainDaveG Road Train Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Fremont Wi
    Sept 5, 2014 Day 14 Week 3

As you all know I already passed my CDL "A" test yesterday. Started the day with a drug test, no big deal as I have had over 100 in the past. A piece of advice to all, once they seal up your bottles sign the seal on the bag...an extra level of protection for you, I also snap a quick photo of it on my phone. Yeah the girl thought I was crazzy but its our living here were talking about! Then to the range to practice, and I drove for about 2 hours before the tester came to test me. Again, I can not say enough about the high level of instruction at Millis and the amount of behind the wheel time we got. Of coarse passing is great, but I know that is just a small step in my trucking life.

Dave

Be Safe Out There.

dennisroc Thanks this.
  7. CaptainDaveG

Jul 31, 2014
    Fremont Wi
    You starting at Richfield? Or another location? You will be happy with your choice! The new 2015 T680's are arriving every day....really nice units.

Dave

Be Safe Out There..

dennisroc Thanks this.
  8. ArnettINK

ArnettINK Bobtail Member

Jul 21, 2014
    Yes I will be, I start next week on the 15th. Looking forward to it and with your insight, even though I have driven before oh so long ago, I am not as nervous. Again glad to hear that you passed and congrats again. I am also glad it sounds like I made the correct choice so far in companies. Please I hope you continue with the post all the way through till you reach your first load in your own truck.

9. CaptainDaveG

Jul 31, 2014
    Fremont Wi
    Week 4 New Hire
    Ok this often takes 2 days. Ours was 2.5 as it took longer to get our drug test results. Let me say doing all this paperwork sucks! Dont get me wrong I cant wait to get going and make some BANK. But we all know insurance companies and 401 stuff is ALOT of questions, know your familys SS numbers . You take a class photo at the end, you get 5 FREE shirts, even a big guy like me they had my size :) oh and a hat, again all high quality stuff. I know some of you have asked will I continue this...YES, I leave on Monday with "R" my trainer for 15000 miles. I am looking forward to sone home time the next few days, some home cooking and time with loved ones. We learned alot in 3 weeks.

Dave

Be Safe Out There.

10. Rotorzilla

Rotorzilla Light Load Member

Jul 29, 2014
    congratulations on making it past the 1st part and starting out on your 15000 mile training. Hope you keep posting about your training. My MTI adventure starts on Monday. I have Heard that "Mike" is going make a guest appearance at the new Edan MTI. LOL no pressure

11. CaptainDaveG

Jul 31, 2014
    Fremont Wi
    Yes I know Mike Millis is there...he is good to go..puts his pants on just like all of us. I have met your instructors as they were in our class for the first week there great guys Good luck to you.

Dave

Be Safe Out There..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.