millis transfer training

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by cowboys137, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Ashcraft

Ashcraft Bobtail Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Cincinnati,Ohio
    i start school Nov. 26 in trenton anyone else out there starting then?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Truck It

Truck It Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2012
    Pretty sure he is still here ... seen him at a Terminal anyway a few weeks back :) .... Can't see myself going anywhere else to be honest :) .... theres that saying you know "The grass is always greener on the other side"But the fact of the matter is both sides of the fence require the grass to get some water. I feel like Millis for the most part keeps us drivers watered well on a consistent basis and not let us have a long draught. Not sure if that made any sense to you all or not. Bottom line is I am happy as hell, get treated well and don't plan on leaving!

4. bryanrutledge

bryanrutledge Light Load Member

Sep 18, 2012
    snellville ga
    pretty much what i keep hearing. thats the reason i choose to go with millis. start monday 12 of november at cartersville. (excited):yes2557:.

5. lawrencehowardjr79

lawrencehowardjr79 Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2012
    alabama
    kind of a old hand here has a question for some of u new grads? i was taught to drive truck by my grandfather (trust me got biffed in the nugget if u screwed up lol) but ? is do trainers teach u to shift with rpm an speed (no clutch) when u r out on the road? or is it a double clutch thing?

6. love_pitbulls

love_pitbulls Bobtail Member

Oct 21, 2012
    I heard that about Millis That's why I decided to enroll there than any other place. I hope I run into him sometime I start 26th of this month in Ohio.

7. lelou

lelou Light Load Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Albany, NY
    Good question. I'm also curious about that. I understand that the school would most likely be double clutching since it is a 'must' to pass the CDL state test (in NY anyway), but on the road trainers, do they allow/teach floating gears? No doubt that once in my own truck, I would float gears to save on the old knee, but it would be nice if it were taught properly by the trainer.

8. gvnyatheb1rd

gvnyatheb1rd Bobtail Member

Mar 8, 2013
    Louisville, Ohio
    I was trying to find an answer to this to did they already run dmv records, criminal background check, prior work history check? Or is it done after they bring you there?

9. surfsup

surfsup Bobtail Member

Dec 10, 2012
    New Bern, NC
    I was told that I live outside of their hiring area... too far east (New Bern NC). I assume this means that they don't (or very rarely) deliver this far?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.