Mini fridge in a semi

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Maxmx701, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Still far from a foam filled door as far as insulating. R value of 2 on double pane glass, and refrigerator doors are between 5 and 10.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Maxmx701

Maxmx701 Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2020
    Your right. This is a commercial unit. It does have a switch to turn off the eld lights

NightWind Thanks this.
  4. Berna89

Berna89 Bobtail Member

Oct 4, 2021
    I've had to replace two mini fridges in 2 months both were 2.3 cu, one magic chef other was hisense.

What am I doing wrong? Company driver in a freightliner. Wattage should be good to let it run continuously. The truck has a plastic base stand for mini fridge and two straps to secure it. I have square foam pads I can put between the fridge base stand and fridge I just don't know if that would really make any difference if the fridge goes a few inches off in the air. Maybe the base stand in truck is for specific fridges or models? Or I'm just not securing it properly on the base and strapped right.

Sometimes, I just can't avoid the big potholes or bumps on the interstate, especially when I'm forced to drive at night on some occasions. I still have warranty on them which ended up being replaced but I'd like to know if damage can be avoided at all. It's always the compressor that ends up damaged.

NightWind Thanks this.
  5. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Best bet is to get a 12 volt compressor driven refrigerator built for a semi truck/ RV. Not cheap but designed to hold up under road conditions. I wouldn't expect a $100 chinese piece of crap to hold up very long in a dorm room......let alone a semi truck.

Cowboyrich Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.