Mirror damage?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Smalltowniowa, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Hulld

Hulld Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Upstate NY
    If your going to report that don’t forget to report you scratched the fifth wheel when you backed under the trailer.
    Also report the scratches you caused on your step getting in and out of the truck.
    Before your done you will have a dac report that won’t fit on a computer screen.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    Last night I sent a friend an email. This friend works in the safety dept of one of the larger carriers. I asked this friend what they would do if a driver notified them of mirror damage. I got a reply. First I was told in most every situation it would be classified as an incident and kept in house. Next this person said they would either walk out with the driver and look at the mirror or ask for 2 photo's from 2 angles. As an attachment I sent that photo to this person. In regard to that photo this would be considered road hazard damage and ignored. However this friend also told me that once a day someone from the shops walks around the terminals and looks over the tractors parked there. They look for things like cracked glass, small dents and broken busted fairings while taking note of unit numbers to check if PMs are due. Once this report is made safety gets a copy of it. If they deem it necessary later they will contact the assigned driver or the last driver of an unassigned tractor to ask about said damage and no report. I also got an answer about reporting minor damage. What I got in reply was a driver should use common sense. A petty scratch is a non issue. A heated mirror can be VERY expensive though if damaged to the point of being unserviceable driver should turn it in to the shop to get fixed and the shop will determine if it needs to be reported same also about busted glass. As to the shop turning in damage, all I can say is woe be to the driver that has the shop to report damage before they do.

tinytim Thanks this.
  4. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    If you attempt to cover it up then you lose the option of plausible deniability.

5. rolls canardly

rolls canardly Road Train Member

Feb 7, 2009
    mt. pocono. pa.
    Aaaannnnddd........I wish my mirrors looked that good.
    Truly a non-issue.

austinmike and Smalltowniowa Thank this.
  6. Smalltowniowa

Smalltowniowa Bobtail Member

Sep 11, 2015
    Ok

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.