Miscalculated + farewell

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Doggod, Jul 13, 2022.

1. CaliRaised

CaliRaised Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2021
    Has someone hacked your account? I see a bunch of threads with this company posted and the posting of the company having nothing to do with the content of the thread. On top of it, clicking the link takes one to the website that says nothing about driving positions.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I posted those. Have to call the number to ask about driving jobs.

4. CaliRaised

CaliRaised Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2021
    Alrighty. It just seemed odd. Carry on. :D

5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Night sweepers get mugged. Easy prey for those that "choose to not work."

6. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    I'm going to keep on rolling till I'm sick of the day to day. Thought I'd be retired next year but now it may be 2024.
    If I make it that will be 50 years of trucking.
    We all want to retire on the upcycle of the economy and obviously this ain't it.
    My boss asked if I'd stay on since he recognizes experience doesn't come easy these days with all the opportunities out here.
    I am trying real hard to accept the constant change of this industry, good and bad, and just hope the economy will return to prosperity for most of the nation soon.

7. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I just finished reading a comment on a Facebook Group that makes me sad. The man is an owner with 5 trucks leased on with a mega carrier. He said he has already notified the carrier those trucks will soon be off the road. He is losing money and must stop the hemorrhaging somehow. If he carries through with that planned action if I am counting right his trucks will be around the 26th through 31st Truck where the OO that I know of that has tossed in the towel. Even the mid-size fleets are running on razor-thin margins. I too hope the economy gets better soon. However, the most recent inflation report of 9.1% is a sign of serious problems. I hope this gets worked out and the sooner the better.

8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    From what I've been reading, this is just the beginning and the worst is still to come for our economy.

9. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    The funny thing about the reported inflation... they remove food and fuel for a reason, to buffer the blows of short months. The only problem for that now is that its time to pay the piper... as in, the fuel prices are now reflecting in the general commodities, therefore even if we are doing better, the inflation number will continue to grow for a few extra months.

This has two detrimental effects: 1. It shakes consumer confidence, furthering the downward spiral, and 2. it causes the FED to overreact since they were too slow in initial action, therefore they will raise interest rates to a level beyond where they should, also furthering the downward spiral.

Its not going to be a rosy couple of years, that's for sure.

10. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    I was talking to the lady that does my taxes. She's pretty sharp and her whole family is involved in finance one way or another...bankers, CPAs, stock brokers etc.
    I asked her what her crystal ball showed and she said "One thing above all else for at least the next year and possibly two, is do not incur any long term debt based on your present income."
    That said it all right there.

11. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    I learned a lot when I retired from the Army and went to college... picked up a couple of Economics degrees along the way.

I am currently stacking cash and non-depreciating tangible assets. Mostly tangible assets, the cash is for a home-improvement project that is pending when the bottom falls out and the contractors are hurting for work again, I just hope its still valuable enough to get the job done. If not, I'll sell some of the assets to make up the difference.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.