misdemeanor charges

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Harley, Jan 20, 2008.

1. jerryy123

jerryy123 Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2012
    YOU STILL OUTTHERE SOMEWERE WHAT EVER HAPPENED TOO YOU.????:biggrin_25521:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. veazey5

veazey5 Bobtail Member

May 7, 2012
    Some of you truckers need to pickup a book,learn how to spell..just saying.:biggrin_25516:

4. Jons Niners

Jons Niners Light Load Member

May 30, 2012
    Sierra Vista, Az
    In the state of Az I got a misdemeanor paraphernalia charge, After 5 years it will be automatically purged/sealed from my records...Az does not do expungements, they do set aside...which means they just state it was dismissed and is set aside so if you get in more trouble they can use it against you.

5. Jons Niners

Jons Niners Light Load Member

May 30, 2012
    Sierra Vista, Az
    I am actually in the process of starting school to get my CDL...What companies will hire you if you have a 41/2 year old misdemeanor paraphernalia charge? I am in the process of having it set aside, but on October 11 of this year the record will be purged/sealed/destroyed. Anyone know any companies that may hire me?

Last edited: May 30, 2012
  6. tlew23

tlew23 Bobtail Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Hey, so we hav a similar situation, poss. of marijuana from 2009, also just graduated from CDL school.
    Yours is much older & there are OTR (over the road) companies that will hire you with a marijuana charge as long as its at least 5 years old.

The OTR companies that will consider hire after just 5 years are:
    Hunt, Werner, Western Express, & Mills Transfer Inc.

Comcar, KLLM & Crete Carriers Transport Corp. will hire after 5 years if you have a Hazmat endorsement (which is about 20$ to take the test at DMV for the endorsement). You'll have to see if they hire in your area though.

WEL & Hirschbach- hires after 7 years.

USA- no drug related midomeanors under 10 years.
    Covenant- no drug related misdomeanors under 10 years & Hazmat required.

CRST- drug related misdomeanors over 15 years.

Also you can look up & try some local driving companies so you can get experience before you go OTR & that would help your chances of getting an OTR job later. Try Ozarka & Carolyn Corp. You shouldn't have any trouble getting a job since your charge is so old, it just might take some searching. I really encourage you to try these companies if you decide to go to CDL school! hope it goes good.

7. tlew23

tlew23 Bobtail Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Once you have it expunged then you shouldnt have to list it on your application, so you should be able to get hied at just about any company as long as the dont need previous experience there. If you dont or are not able to qualify to get it expunged then your marijuana misdomeanor needs to be at least 5 years old for an OTR job.

The OTR companies that will consider hire after just 5 years are:
    Hunt, Werner, Western Express, & Mills Transfer Inc.

Comcar, KLLM & Crete Carriers Transport Corp. will hire after 5 years if you have a Hazmat endorsement (which is about 20$ to take the test at DMV for the endorsement). You'll have to see if they hire in your area though.

Also you can look up & try some local driving companies so you can get experience before you go OTR & that would help your chances of getting an OTR job later. Try Ozarka & Carolyn Corp.

It will be much harder to get hired untill your marijuana misdomeanor is at least 5 years old or even better if you can get it expunged. We have the same problem were working on, marijuana/paraphanalia misdomeanor thats 3 years & 8 months old & havent found any OTR that will hire under 5 years. We're about to try Carolyn Corp. They say they will absolutley hire with those charges so its worth a try; they pay alot per hour too. You need a tanker endorsement though.

8. James M

James M Bobtail Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Will any truck company prehire me, If I got a misdemeanor DUI and a misdemeanor drug convection in 2004. I got them at the same time. I have not been in any trouble since then. Until 2014 when I got a class b misdemeanor charge of public intoxication. I am currently at a half way house for men getting recovery. I plain on finishing the program here at the house in a about 8 months.

9. Goofyduck

Goofyduck Bobtail Member

Feb 21, 2016
    I am 47 years old .got 3 misdemours almost got felony .whew. From more than 7 years ago. I cant give an excuses that my ex tried to screw. Me up. Am plsnning to go cdl school in few weeks. I m bit concerned about after that. Help would br appreciated

10. street beater

street beater Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2014
    cold as hell, MN
    Your posting to thread that is almost 2 years old. If you have questions, make a new thread. This one will be overlooked by most.

BiH Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.