misdemeanor charges

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Harley, Jan 20, 2008.

1. 379 Peterbilt

379 Peterbilt Medium Load Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Wisconsin
    Would a former pot infraction keep a person out of Kalifonia?.........(grin)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Harley

Harley Light Load Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Missouri
    Thanks for the encouragement neal. The misdemeanor is all I have on my record and as fas as my driving record, last speeding ticket, 8 years ago, last accident, 14 years ago, last and only DUI, 18 years ago so Im hoping some company out there will give me a chance because I cant afford a lawyer right now to have the charge expunged.

jerryy123 Thanks this.
  4. leannamarie

leannamarie "California Girl"

Are you kidding, that's one of the biggest crops around these parts. I even have a legal shop a few blocks away where you can walk in and buy whatever quality you so desire.

5. 379 Peterbilt

379 Peterbilt Medium Load Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Wisconsin
    I was kind of thinking a prior pot convition would be a prerequisite to getting into Kal ... LOL

Did you say "legal pot shop"? WOW. I bet much of it is earmarked for the berkley college "teaching" staff ... LOL

Makes a guy wonder what CARBs take is on pot smoke emmisions. Probably okay if ya can smoke a dube in less than 5 minutes LOL

jerryy123 Thanks this.
  6. leannamarie

leannamarie "California Girl"

Yeah, you get a dozen or so folks band together and legally grow their crop, they get quite the acreage going. Then of course, at harvest time, there is a huge increase of home invasion robberies.

jerryy123 Thanks this.
  7. jescates

jescates Bobtail Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Oklahoma City, Ok
    Okay, I here a lot about getting your record expunged. I was an Arkansas resident that got a DUI in California. Would I have to get the DUI expunged in California or can a lawyer from the state I am in now....Oklahoma do this?

jerryy123 Thanks this.
  8. silent1

silent1 Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2007
    INDIANA
    does anyone know how old a charge has to be before you can get it expunged?

9. silent1

silent1 Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2007
    INDIANA
    also what is the differance between getting charges expunged or records being sealed?

10. jescates

jescates Bobtail Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Oklahoma City, Ok
    Did some research last night, from what I have read, if it's a one and only DUI/Misdameanor, you can have it expunged after your probation period ends. Not sure about having them sealed. I thought sealed records were only if you were a minor!

11. NealinNevada

NealinNevada Light Load Member

Dec 16, 2007
    One Horse Town, Nevada
    You can do this yourself...you don't have to have an attorney do it for you. It is just a bunch of paperwork that usually has to be sent to the Clerk of the Court, that's all. You can do it....what state are you in?

jerryy123 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.