misdemeanor charges

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Harley, Jan 20, 2008.

1. prisonerofthehwy

prisonerofthehwy <strong>Ball and Chains</strong>

Sep 30, 2007
    Somerset Kentucky
    I know of someone that works at Swift that had a felony. Not the best of companies, (I worked there myself but have no criminal history. lol) But that's the kind that's going to take you on board unfortunately.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. prisonerofthehwy

Sep 30, 2007
    Somerset Kentucky
    Some also require you to be atleast 25.

4. prisonerofthehwy

Sep 30, 2007
    Somerset Kentucky
    Also, a misdameanor in the USA, is a Felony in Canada, so you're not going to get to pass the maple leaf border.

5. prisonerofthehwy

Sep 30, 2007
    Somerset Kentucky
    I thought that was how you gained California citizenship.:biggrin_2559:
    YOU yourself own a legal shop?
    My wife/soon to be exwife's, best friends husband, (yes that is a mouthful,) He drives for Carty & Carty, but has acreage in California, soley dedicated to the growth thereof. That's his secondary income! His mom, and some of his other family, take care of the farming, and send him back some of the profit, but from my understanding, there business is a tight lipped, and very illegal enterprise.:biggrin_25517:

6. leannamarie

leannamarie "California Girl"

Where in California is this acreage? I had to laugh the other night at the concert. I don't snoke, never have, but my ex was a daily smoker so I had to get used to the smell. Well I have been a year now without that daily smell, almost forgot what it smelled like. Until I was at an indoor rock concert the other night. That was a shock to my system.:biggrin_2554:

7. NealinNevada

NealinNevada Light Load Member

Dec 16, 2007
    One Horse Town, Nevada
    Hey you are welcome...glad to hear that you are making the effort to deal with the system. If you have had any of your civil rights revoked (gun ownership, voting, etc), you can apply to have them restored if you have completed all the requirements of your probation.

8. cajun

cajun Light Load Member

Dec 23, 2007
    USSA
    I wish we would just repeal nafta and cafta, voila no more problems.

9. Harley

Harley Light Load Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Missouri
    I thought about Swift but wasnt sure and Ive been talking with TransAm also trying to get a pre-hire letter before starting school. TransAm is the only company that has actually called me to talk about the app.
    Even if I dont get in with a more favorable company at first then I'll do the best I can til I at least get a year in on the road.

Thx for the input. I'll keep searching.:druid:

10. 383blaze

383blaze Bobtail Member

Feb 28, 2008
    dyersburg tn
    why would we let em in,,,there already here!

11. Harley

Harley Light Load Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Missouri
    I called BTC in Memphis and told them straight out that I had a misdemeanor possession charge in 2004 and the lady I talked to said she didnt see where that would be a problem so maybe I'll have some luck there plus, I wanted to go flatbed anyway. Ive heard of companies hiring people that did a 20 year stretch for murder and other various crimes but they sure frown on possession charges even if it was your only charge. Strange.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.