"Misread Manifest"

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by boojes11, Jun 30, 2014.

1. 70s_driver

70s_driver Medium Load Member

May 4, 2014
    Id go over his head to somebody higher up than he.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wooly Rhino

Wooly Rhino Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Liberty, Missouri
    Is this the same thread as the San Francisco guy wanting to know if the Union Got his back?

4. glenn71

glenn71 Medium Load Member

Jul 13, 2013
    In a non-union shop that would be the only recourse, but this is a union shop, so there will be a protocol for hashing this out. You can't just jump rank under a collective bargaining agreement.

I still can't understand why the union didn't jump in right from the start. I'm no export, but I've had union jobs and I know that even the weakest unions will art least try to set up a fair hearing.

5. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    op...dont ever have a meeting with management without another union member present. better to have the shop steward ther, but any member can be there

6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I worked for a union company for awhile; bluntly, it sucked!
    Could write a book on the garbage I saw. One guy constantly called in sick if he got a short run. After his short run was dispatched to another driver, he would call in he's no longer sick and ready to work. He would gamble that he would get a longer high paying run and he usually was right. Problem is, it was the run the other driver should have had that ended up with his short run.

His wife had a good job, so he really just wanted the union healthcare and pension plan. The union backed him and came to an agreement with the trucking company that he would only get one run a week, just enough to keep him eligible for the benefits. By doing this, he got one excellent gravy run every week, then took the rest of the week off.

7. unloader

unloader Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    And to fight fire with fire. I would totally take that gig. lol.

Got a suga momma at home and all I have to do is work one day/night a week? Sign me up!

unloader

8. Shaggy

Shaggy Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2006
    FIGMO
    +1
    1,000 Attta boys does not erase 1 screwup, It sucks. Move on and lesson learned.

Plenty of us been there done that. It sucks OP.

-------------------------------------------------------
    Please don't make this a Union thread, It always ends locked up:biggrin_25516:

d o g Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.