Missing half of my bumper? Illegal?

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Askingalexandria, Feb 14, 2018.

1. jamespmack

jamespmack Road Train Member

Mar 25, 2014
    OH
    Werner actually has there own salvage yards. I used to buy w900 daylite doors cheap from them. I installed them on some k100 cabovers. They have rear farrings cheap too.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WildTxn

WildTxn Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2018
    Plastic bumpers are a joke! Fix it the Texas way!

Go find a a heavy welding and fabrication shop. Get some 3/4" alloy plate, cut to shape and work it over in the big press brake to get the curves needed. Weld on all the steel and fittings needed to bolt to the truck frame, and attach that front license plate. Grind, sandblast, & paint, or send to the chrome shop. Probably won't cost much more than those stealerships charge for those wimpy plastic bumpers now days.

Next time, truck wins, snow looses! Hek, with the proper hydraulics rigged up, just lower that bumper and you now have a snow plow!

Deer? All ya need is a power washer. Sure cheaper than a new bumper.

4. Curly88

Curly88 Light Load Member

May 16, 2012
    Rexford Mt
    I hit a deer in Tx a while back, broke off half the bumper. I drove around like that for 5 weeks and nothing was ever said. 2 level 3s in that time period. It's an eyesore and gives the dot a reason to inspect you but I think you'd be fine for the most part.

Attached Files:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.