Mission- $5000 truck

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Scud Runner, Sep 6, 2009.

1. broncrider

broncrider Road Train Member

Scud....you might just wanna call merganthaler and see if they will do it, cuz short loads in our state are almost to the poiint of laugh-able

although i have seen some decent loads leaving..........

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Scud Runner

Scud Runner Light Load Member

Jun 1, 2008
    Great Falls, MT.
    Bronc, I'll look into them, thanks.

Guys, This trailer is located in Byron Center, MI. First thing I need help with if you guys would be so inclined, is a mechanic to look at the landing gear issue. Second, I'd like to offer this trailer for free to load Montana bound.

How bout by rail?

4. Tankergirl80

Tankergirl80 GangstaGirl

Jan 7, 2009
    West Texas

LOL, ship that trailer by rail and the landing gear won't be your only issue. The poor trailer won't have a light left on it, no mud flaps and may even be missing a wheel or two.... :biggrin_25523:

5. Scud Runner

Jun 1, 2008
    Great Falls, MT.
    Well, that would suck, lol. How do I offer the trailer for use for a load to my area?

6. Tankergirl80

Tankergirl80 GangstaGirl

Jan 7, 2009
    West Texas

I don't know, I've not heard of anything like that til now.

7. Eskimo6804

Eskimo6804 Heavy Load Member

Jun 13, 2007
    Northeast Alabama
    The term used in this industry for what you want to do is "one way trailer". That is what you want to ask about when you talk to companies to see about doing what you have in mind. It is a common practice, the issue though is that not many people want to go to Montana with a load, unless they live there or are based there.

That being said, I would start by contacting any companies in your area of significant size. Companies that are large enough that they do dop and hooks with their own trailers at least part of the time.

8. stranger

stranger Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2006
    NC
    Anyone would be leary of pulling that trailer. There is no mention of the condition of the tires, brakes, lights, floor, and roof. No one wants to get a trailer only to have it break down, leak on a load, or be unuseable after booking a load. Then there is the issue of not having a tag, which is easy enough to overcome.

9. Scud Runner

Jun 1, 2008
    Great Falls, MT.
    Thank you. I have one in mind, they're H.O.T. Express.

10. Scud Runner

Jun 1, 2008
    Great Falls, MT.
    For the sake of the situation, let's assume the landing gear is the only issue, and I get it repaired. The tag issue, how is that easy to overcome?

11. Eskimo6804

Eskimo6804 Heavy Load Member

Jun 13, 2007
    Northeast Alabama
    Either get a temp tag from the dealer(if that is where you are purchasing it), or just go register it in your state, and fedex the tag to the guy you are getting the trailer from. Trailer tags cost next to nothing in the grand scheme of things.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.