MNdriver banned ?

Discussion in 'Truck Forum Information Center' started by dannythetrucker, Aug 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stranger

stranger Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2006
    NC
    That is a HUGE assumption, isn't it. lol

I'm reminded of how much you love me everytime I get on here, with my little infraction reminder staring me in the face..:biggrin_25525:

EDIT: To not create the wrong impression, I got my infraction for something I did, and it was deserved. It was handled very professionally, with no hard feelings on my part. It's something I can look back on and laugh about getting caught. I knew I was pushing it, and I did get caught.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
    bullhaulerswife and mje Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Admin

Admin TTR Forum Owner Staff Member Administrator

Apr 6, 2009
    It came and passed several thousand posts ago. You missed your exit, so just enjoy the ride.

4. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    Guess I was watching the GPS.

mje, 379exhd and bullhaulerswife Thank this.
  5. Silvermitts

Silvermitts Light Load Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Ga
    Banned .... aid ?

Banned .... alero ?

Banned .... of thieves ?

Banned .....of gypsies ?

6. Silvermitts

Silvermitts Light Load Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Ga
    I wonder how long it would take Rat from Pearls Before Swine to get banned ...

Big Don and mje Thank this.
  7. Big Duker

Big Duker "Don Cheto"

Sep 18, 2007
    Weatherford, TX
    That's not exactly what it is. It is the rate at which the wind is removing heat from you or anything else. 0' w/ -30' windchill will never get your dead body below 0'. Just get it there quicker if you are not properly dressed for it. You are dead on about the weather people exploiting the Hell out of it

Hammer166, mje and bullhaulerswife Thank this.
  8. dannythetrucker

dannythetrucker Road Train Member

May 26, 2011
    everywhere, man
    good point, I can see the mod's have to consider many factors in establishing their policies. They must be doing something right, it is the best forum by far. I'm not against him being banned, per-say. I don't even know the details. It sounds like he asked for it, perhaps even literally.

I would like to point out that in as much as it is "adult" to consider the wide range of values and backgrounds of those posting and viewing the forums, wouldn't it also be correct to say it is also "adult" to look at the posts of someone such as MNdriver and be able to use the information presented and not allow yourself to become offended or peaved in the process ? Isn't it also adult to accept people for who they are and choose whether or not to engage them ?

It has to be a little of both. I don't think it makes much sense to define how adult someone is acting by whether they only make posts suitable for children to view.

I bickered with him plenty, but at the end of the day I recognize his knowledge of spreadsheets and accounting software. In fact I'm thinking of changing my accounting system at the end of the year and will probably be consulting with him on my options. In hindsight, there were definitely times such as when we argued endlessly concerning APU's vs. generators on a truck that we probably should have moved our discussion to email or something instead of hijacking the thread. At the time I felt we were covering all the pro's and con's of the two options and it could be useful to people to read. Were we the juvenile ones for engaging in a three page argument, or is it the people who cannot get past the friction and see the facts presented ? IDK, but the info is there for posterity I suppose.

mje, bullhaulerswife and 25(2)+2 Thank this.
  9. Mastertech

Mastertech Staff Leader / Admin Staff Member Administrator

Dec 28, 2007
    3rd Rock From The Sun.
    The other thing than comes into play is respect...there will be much less friction if we all show respect for fellow members of the community.
    We can all have a spirited conversation without stooping to name calling and insults. When name calling starts, respect is gone, and everything goes down hill rapidly from there.

Also, when people who seem to thrive on confrontation are causing issues all over the site it really discourages new members of the community from participating....they are afraid to ask a question because they don't want to have to deal with the BS that will follow....can't blame them there....there is enough BS in day to day life without getting more of it on this site.

You are also right about people who show up here just looking for a reason to be offended....those people are just as bad as those who go out of their way to be offensive....it's a heck of a juggling act to try and strike a balance that works.

mje, Big Don, KANSAS TRANSIT and 6 others Thank this.
  10. Mastertech

Mastertech Staff Leader / Admin Staff Member Administrator

Dec 28, 2007
    3rd Rock From The Sun.
    You bring up a valid point as well....the public already has a dim view of the trucking industry.....why let a few bad apples post on this site and prove the public is right.

11. Drifter42

Drifter42 Hopper Heartache

Dec 4, 2011
    Seymour IN
    You did all you could do. Hate to see someone get banned well I guess it depends. I really had no problems with Mndriver, but he could rub people the wrong way. Administration does a good job on monitoring the forum and that's a hard thing to do. Can't ya see I'm sucking up? Lol... Don't ban me please :D . All jokes aside, yall do a good job here and I get a lot of good info here along with a few laughs.

mje, 25(2)+2, Leftlane101 and 4 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.