mofitt

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by jamesh1979, May 14, 2012.

1. jamesh1979

jamesh1979 Light Load Member

Mar 9, 2011
    minneapolis,mn
    I was just wondering if a mofitt is considered a load thus having to do a load check after your 50 etc even when your trailer is empty

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mike'

Mike' Medium Load Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Toledo, Ohio
    Yes. The tires have to be resting on the plates, the harness plugged in, the chains tight WITH COTTER PINS in place, and the steer tire at least 15" off the ground.

4. jamesh1979

Mar 9, 2011
    minneapolis,mn
  5. freedhardwoods

freedhardwoods Light Load Member

Feb 4, 2011
    SW IN
    We have 6 of them and none of us have ever done a load check when we're empty.

What kind of setup do you have? You aren't supposed to tighten safety chains.

6. jamesh1979

Mar 9, 2011
    minneapolis,mn
    Hmmm ok one yes and one no anyone else?

7. jbatmick

jbatmick Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    hastings, Fl
    I haul one around some, have never done a load check when MT. How do you all handle the fact the license plate is not visible when you have the Moffett on your back? I have never been told it was a problem by LEO, but it clearly should be illegal to not be able to see the plate.
    I do not tighten my chains on my moffett, but I have seen other makes that have to be tight.

8. V8SuperDog

V8SuperDog Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Columbus,Oh
    we used to have 2 of them and the chains needed to be tight after loading, your resting the weight of the machine on the mast tilt cylinders as you bounce down the road if you dont. The chains are made to be taught with the weight of the machine bearing against them.

9. freedhardwoods

freedhardwoods Light Load Member

Feb 4, 2011
    SW IN
    All of ours have steel plates that the front tires rest against and the lifts have a pressure relief valve on them.

Load them on the back, put in the 2 lock pins and hook the safety chains. When you get in the truck you hit the right turn signal and the lift falls down against the plates.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.