Monson and sons review.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by mwc1576, Feb 12, 2018.

1. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    As for per diem you want that with the new tax laws

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Unless your company runs to CA where they’re starting to ban older trucks.;)

4. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    CA sucks anyway lmao

Joetro, longbedGTs and mjd4277 Thank this.
  5. rmacjr

rmacjr Medium Load Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    Well the older trucks at Monson don't go to CA, they mainly run the Midwest and TX. Monson is a company for guys who still like the old school hoods with the big HP (550) and either the 13 or 18 speed, and no def. The truck I had when I was there was an old Western Dist. Pete, 2007, it originally came with a 625 Cat, but Monson turned it back to a 550, backed up with an 18 speed. Man could that truck run, and with 42K in the wagon, I out pulled almost everybody on some of those hill in KY and TN. IMG_0349.jpg

6. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Yeah, but how many 04's "run without issues"? Especially a company truck, that 53 different people have driven.......

TB John and mjd4277 Thank this.
  7. rmacjr

Feb 12, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    My truck was a 2007 with over 1million miles on it, and the only issue I had was a small electrical problem with the lights. All company trucks no matter their make or year will have a lot drivers go through them, that's why they'er plain, small HP, and have bullet proof trannys in them.

8. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Well if they are using gliders , there's your first red flag indication that you are in for little pay checks and doing alot of welfare trucking .
    Most likely you will spend alot of time on begging for tires , getting your pay check straightened out , camping in truck stop parking lots , and sitting on the shoulder waiting on a mechanic

Don't be fooled by the fresh paint and the friendly swamp critters , pass these folks by with a 10 ft long poker stick , check for ticks afterwards

9. rmacjr

Feb 12, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    Not the same Monson and Sons I worked for. They did have gliders, and no, we did not have low pay checks and we certainly did not do any welfare trucking. If you look at the pic of my old truck you don't see bald tires on it, we didn't sit in truck stops unless it was for a 10hr break like everyone else. And if your truck did have a break down and you find yourself on the shoulder, how is that any different from any other company whose trucks break down on the road?
    Sounds to me like you have your facts and companies mixed up.

10. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Hmmmm... How about we just call it : a real good guess , truth is i have no ideal how these people operate but fact is : it sounds like they would rather buy rebuilt used equipment and THAT in itself says alot about how they tend to operate.
    ....but it really doesn't matter much to me , I'm not looking for a new job much probably for a few good reasons
    ( 1) ...i don't make friends with swamp critters
    (2) ...i do a good job and i expect the same from my boss
    (3) ...i don't waste my time peeing around with BS trucking companies in the first place
    (4) ....i always fly under the radar

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.