Moore transport

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by WhyDriveTruck, Jan 2, 2015.

1. MooneyBravo

MooneyBravo Heavy Load Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Vermilion, Oh
    Thanks for all that. I've been doing piggybacks over 2 yrs and staying in hotels so I hope to get a day cab but I'm ready to accept whatever I get. Sounds like a very driver oriented company. See you out there Jerry.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 389Trucker

389Trucker Light Load Member

Mar 12, 2015
    Has anyone heard of anyone auto haulers out there hiring straight from school? I live in Cali but I am willing to make a move if they hire me.

4. BigBob410

BigBob410 Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Beirut on the Bay, MD.
    I read in another thread that United Road does. Can't hurt to call them.

5. crb

crb Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    USA
    I would strongly advise you to learn to drive the truck first. Learning to maneuver, load , unload, etc is a steep learning curve. My personal opinion is trying to learn it all at once is setting yourself up for failure.

BigBob410 Thanks this.
  6. 389Trucker

389Trucker Light Load Member

Mar 12, 2015
  7. BENTO45

BENTO45 Bobtail Member

Feb 10, 2020
    How's it going there boys?

8. MooneyBravo

MooneyBravo Heavy Load Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Vermilion, Oh
    Im still here at Moore. April 1 will be 4 years. It's never perfect anywhere. We don't have Toyota out of Elwood/Joplin anymore. Lost it to United Road. We don't have Belvidere / Rockford anymore. We weren't really making any money on it. Moore asked for a rate hike and they said no and so they gave it up. I used to run all the way from Baltimore to Appleton Wisconsin. Then I would run down to Elwood and do a load out to Iowa. Then I would run down to Rockford and pick up a load going back to Baltimore. Those three runs I would make about 2,200. It was great when I was on the same runs out to Illinois and back.
    I haven't been able to find a good click to get on board with and so the money has gone down hill. The big problem is the manufacturers. They simply wont pay diddy squat. The other problem is companies come in and play Cut Throat. Moore has done it, other companies have done it, Union companies have done it and here we all are. All these changes have caused an increase in deadhead miles which pays zero. I won't run any runs where I'm going to have to do a long deadhead afterward. It's just not worth it.

Thank you deregulation.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.