More lies from the Safety Dept. on using your 4 ways.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Hammer166, Jan 27, 2023.

1. PaulMinternational

PaulMinternational Heavy Load Member

Aug 23, 2022
    Yes it’s always a question of should I as some don’t respond well to being offered help.

A couple months ago a younger guy in a yellow truck tried jacknifeing in beside me at a rather odd angle for the maneuver and hit the middle of the front of the trailer one spot away to my left. He pulled up slightly but still at that angle and tried again, till I blew my air horn as he was sure to hit my trailer due to lack of swing room.
    At this point he got out looked and then tried again 3 more times each ending with my air horn as he would hit me each time if left to continue.
    Again he gets out to look but never having changed his angle ther was no way to cut it without moving his tandems all the way to the rear or changing his angle.
    I politely offered to help but he took an attitude that “I don’t need no help, I can drive” and something else that I couldn’t quite make out but I think it had something to do with me being white and him being black.
    At this point I said OK no more horn, just don’t hit me! Guess what, yep, he hit my trailer and skinned it about 5 ft back!
    There is just no helping some folks! I can only hope he learned something from this. His company got to pay for damages to a trailer that was scheduled to be taken off the road as soon as it was unloaded and returned to the yard, he has a preventable on his company record and he still can’t back worth a dam.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hammer166

Hammer166 Crusty Information Officer

Aug 18, 2007
    ~8600+' and loving it!
    And some, there just ain't no helping!

TripleSix, bzinger, ‘Olhand and 2 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.