more oriantation questions

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by mikek87, Aug 17, 2013.

1. mikek87

mikek87 Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2013
    I will be starting classes in a week to get my CDL. I have started looking at diffrent companies and mavrick realy stands out to me. Don't seem to be able to find much bad about them. Only thing I am consered about is oriantation. How many peaple do the put through oriantation. And of those how many do they give a job ofer to. I realy don't want to quit my job go down there and then get cut. Also is this normal for most other companies.

jxu417 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Where will you be attending school?Better make sure that school honors Maverick.I don't know if that company will reimburse you for schooling if they're not connected with the school.

4. jxu417

jxu417 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Midwestern OH
    Cooper09, Puppage and Blind Dog Thank this.
  5. jxu417

jxu417 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Midwestern OH
    And to answer the second part of your question(s): I would guesstimate that the "average" class size for NLR Orientation is about 30 people. The number of people that actually get the job offer is based upon how many of those 30 are sharp enough to make the cut. They don't invite everyone down to NLR in the first place, and those who get to attend, need to give it 110% all the time. A lazy, unmotivated, irresponsible person is NEVER going to make the cut- I guarantee that. If you are a sharp one though, and are highly motivated and willing to learn and ALWAYS do things the "Maverick Way", then you would be a great addition to the team. About the quitting your job part, well, if you want it BAD ENOUGH, you will take that leap. If you make it, you will be highly impressed with their organization.

storm2004 Thanks this.
  6. Coragran

Coragran Bobtail Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Think you might have missed the "bad" in his statement "can't find anything bad about them"....to which I would agree, not alot of bad about Maverick on here :)

jxu417 Thanks this.
  7. CaptainX3

CaptainX3 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Fort Worth, TX
    Yeah Jeff, you're slipping... You need to quit typing while sleepy haha!

Maverick will reimburse you for tuition for any driving school you attend as long as Maverick is the first company you drive for after you finish school.

Yeah, the average class size is 30 or so. A majority of the people who get cut are due to medical issues that were unknown to them before they came. And there's usually a couple in each class that have a serious attitude problem and they get sent home pretty quick. Other than those reasons, you likely won't get cut unless you just physically can't do the job, which you won't really know until you come down and try.

And of course, depending on where you live, you might not be limited to flatbed or glass... There are plenty of openings for temp control drivers like me :)

jxu417 Thanks this.
  8. jxu417

jxu417 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Midwestern OH
    Ah, could be! I have been known to skip over a word accidentally once or twice while reading shortly after I have woken up LOL! Sorry OP if that was the case. Anyways, I still recommend those threads. Good luck.

andrewrhyne1986 Thanks this.
  9. andrewrhyne1986

andrewrhyne1986 Light Load Member

Mar 31, 2013
    Lowell Arkansas
    My class was about 30 and we had 9 Finnish. But since I went solo I have seen classes with 30 and all 30 make it to the barn so it just depends on you how much u are willing to put forward. I really enjoy it all give it 110% and you'll be fine

10. Flareblitz

Flareblitz Medium Load Member

Jul 22, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Had 31 people in my class at the beginning. Down to 15 now. One guy quit partway through the physical. One guy just plain didn't show up. But all the effort has been worth it so far. So if you go with it and make it through, stay with it.

11. Blind Dog

Blind Dog Heavy Load Member

Nov 1, 2011
    He's just not trying very much to get info on Maverick. Your gonna start a new thread to ask questions that have been asked many times over? Really? Myself, and almost any Maverick driver, will do anything to help somebody with questions. However, you gotta at least try.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.