More questions.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by TruckerGonnaBe, May 1, 2015.

1. TruckerGonnaBe

TruckerGonnaBe Light Load Member

May 27, 2014
    Western WA
    First, Can the company tell you that you have to go park at a receiver (or on a road nearby the receiver) when the load will be late and when they know there will be no services like a restroom nearby? And there is no legal parking? I was recently in a situation that had I parked at the yard and gone it I would have only been 30- 45 minutes late but due to them insisting I go there I ended up being 2 hours late because I would not move the truck until I finished my 8 hours. As it was I had to park illegally just to shut down because there was nowhere legal to park that I could find and despite them insisting I keep looking I could not find the other driver that was supposedly nearby in legal parking. After searching for over an hour I had to give up or require a 10 hour break due to lack of hours.

Second, I have questions that I want to ask DOT but I don't want to pull into a scale and risk an inspection due to my questions. Does DOT have like a website that I can email or post questions for DOT officers so I can get clarification on some things that I'm getting conflicting answers about? I found a phone number once but can't find it again.

Third, if you have a fluid leak is that a DOT violation? There wouldn't be fluid on the ground in a 10 hour period but after 24 hours there would be a noticable spot. The longer the truck sat the larger the spot. I also noticed that the radiator fluid was getting lower and lower over a few days but they just kept saying "we'll get it repaired here"... then sent me back out with the "you are the only driver there" "there is nobody else" and a promise to get it fixed at this place... only to do it again. I also had the APU squealing so badly people were asking if I was killing someone it sounded so terrible. I felt bad for the people around me.

Thanks
    TGB

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. taxihacker66

taxihacker66 Road Train Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Concrete jungle.
    I have called the state troopers for any questions i had and if they didnt know the answer gave me a number for the chicken coup.

4. AL_Dutch

AL_Dutch Bobtail Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Like taxihacker said, call dot. They can answer most questions. I would not park anywhere that can get me a citation or csa points. It's your cdl, protect it. There are always other companies to work for.

5. akfisher

akfisher Road Train Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Your dispatcher can tell you anything he/she wants. Doesnt mean you have to do it. Depends on the reciever. Some let you some dont. I never had E logs so dont understand how it works. I know once I made it to a town and hit the arrived at shipper button on the qualcomm I went wherever I wanted. I was told but could be wrong that being in that city limit area you were allowed to drive to safe parking. Gotta bend the rules sometimes right? Doubt that the DOT would make you take your break if your time expired while on their scale! Ha ha just say sorry my times up so cant move!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.