Most dangerous

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by realsupatrucka, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Oil Jockey

Oil Jockey Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2013
    Indiana
    By LP, do you mean Liquid propane? That would be X, if I am not mistaken. Tank and Hazmat. Any further training would be done by the company you run for.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. realsupatrucka

realsupatrucka Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2013
    houston tx
    yes the liquid propaneI

4. roshea

roshea Road Train Member

Oxygen is Class 2 - it is not flammable. Placard is non-flammable gas , or for domestic transportation the Oxygen placard is allowed.

------------------

From CFR Title 49 › Subtitle B › Chapter I › Subchapter C › Part 172 › Subpart F › Section 172.504

(7) For domestic transportation of oxygen, compressed or oxygen, refrigerated liquid, the OXYGEN placard in § 172.530 of this subpart may be used in place of a NON-FLAMMABLE GAS placard.

chalupa Thanks this.
  5. Oil Jockey

Feb 11, 2013
    Indiana
    It may not be flammable, but it is combustible. We had UN 1073 on the tank along with a combustible sticker (not a placard, but just the word), along with refrigerated compressed liquid.

6. roshea

roshea Road Train Member

Who said oxygen is combustible? It most certainly is not. Having the word on the tanker may or may not be a violation, very likely it is but to what regulation I don't know. I've seen many a tanker placarded and/or labeled wrongly over the years. Refrigerated liquid makes sense, refrigerated compressed liquid does not, since liquids don't compress.

the UN 1073 is correct, the rest is unnecessary.

chalupa Thanks this.
  7. Oil Jockey

Feb 11, 2013
    Indiana
    Have you ever seen O2 react with a petroleum product? It can and will combust when exposed to one. It is an oxidizer in other instances, but with oil or grease, it can go up on its own.

8. chalupa

chalupa Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Houston,Texas
    So? Listen to the man, he's right...... it's 1073 with a yellow oxidizer placard as a liquid and can be carried as refrigerated liquid but that's not required.

9. realsupatrucka

Sep 25, 2013
    houston tx
    Do yoy know about the lp liscense?

10. chalupa

chalupa Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Houston,Texas
    Not required for cryogenics, never was...all you need is haz and tank.

The big thing with cryo is the cold and the pressure the gas travels under. Tube trailers run over 3 grand when loaded. Liquid is at -297 and colder, liquid H2 is -4?? something but they don't farm that out that I know of...

If it's what you want to do then apply to the majors, don't do 3pl like Genox or CTI.

Good luck

11. realsupatrucka

Sep 25, 2013
    houston tx
    Ok..im going to check into it...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.