Most insulting thing another driver can do

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by abyliks, Sep 10, 2022.

most insulting thing another driver can do?

1. Kicking your new puppy

42.9%
  2. Calling your mother a wh@re

12.9%
  3. Attempting to pass you while driving slightly faster

44.3%
  1. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    How about getting behind a guy going into a scale where the signs say to maintain a certain speed, like 25 mph, and they slow down to about 10 mph? Idiots.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Grumppy

Grumppy Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Dec 11, 2010
    West Monroe, La
    ^^^^^^^.....^^^^^^^......^^^^^^^
    The above statement is the best answer that will ever be in this thread....

I would like to say that the most insulting driver is the one on the right who wont back out of it for 3 seconds & let the guy pass. But, "insulting" is not even close to the correct term for the guy that wont back out of it. I personally place him in the "idiot" category.

Look, if the truck caught you, over all, he is going faster than you. If he wasn't, he wouldn't have caught you in the first place. He may not be faster than you right this second... going up a hill or going down a hill or maybe even on flat road... right this second. But, over all, he is faster than you.
    Some will argue "drafting" is what causes this. I understand drafting. But how did he get close enough to be drafting? He is faster than you & caught you. My answer to your "drafting" theory is that, he wasn't drafting when he was a mile behind you. He wasn't drafting when he was 10 miles behind you. So the only way he could have caught you is... "over all" he is going faster than you.

I could argue that the reason the driver passing is being slowed down due to the air flow from the front of your truck (the guy being passed), a head wind, slowing him down preventing him from passing.

At the end of the day... all day long... the real idiot here is in the guy in the right lane.

People, just kick the cruise off for 3 seconds. You'll drop 2, 3 or 4 miles per hour & he'll maintain his speed (maybe even gain 1 MPH when he clears your air flow), then you can get back in the cruise. By the time you get back up to your original speed, he has cleared you.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2022
  4. JolliRoger

JolliRoger Road Train Member

May 8, 2007
    Mississippi
    It is applied logic. Risky, but gets the needed result.

5. Val_Caldera

Val_Caldera Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2021
    TARHEEL
    I have not driven ANY Truck since early '20.
    Retired in 1st Quarter '21.
    My Class A went went belly up permanently on August, 31, '22. No Use For It.
    WE rarely get on any Interstate and when we do, it's for short distances, and trying to stay up with the super hi-way travelers. >>65 means 80+<<>>70 means FASTER<<>>75 means LIGHT SPEED<<.
    Not that our 4 wheeler is slow by any means, yet like Truck Driving, The Faster One Travels, The Faster Problems Arise and Deflate, often into an ambulance or hearse.

Most-Insulting-Thing-A-Driver-Can-Do is ANYTHING outside the realm of COMMON SENSE & COURTESY.

To Thine Self Be True!!

6. Geekonthestreet

Geekonthestreet Medium Load Member

Jun 27, 2021
    Chicago
    Yesterday I was fully loaded (almost 80k) cruise at 71 and I’m speeding up after the on ramp and this dude flooring it at 70 tries to pass. Okay that’s fine. Well I get up to speed and he didn’t make it. He sat in the left lane TEN minutes trying to inch ahead on hills and eventually a car was trying to merge in and there was a line behind him and I just slowed down. Then I was sitting right behind him and we hit a flat stretch and I wasn’t about to be like him so I set the cruise to 69 and sat back. I was pretty F#ing mad though

7. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    Wait till Ya'll get your speed limiters gifted to Ya'll ... Compliments of Uncle Sam

cke, pete781693, Coffey and 7 others Thank this.
  8. REALITY098765

REALITY098765 Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2017
    625 cat with tall gears entering the 4 lane, the truck on the highway moves to the left lane. IDK why, but anyway I could pass on the right but don't want to make waves so wait till he gets by and pull into the left lane behind him but he stays there in the left lane blocking me.

Etiquette sometimes creates confusion, and it seems whatever you do it will be wrong to somebody else ;)

Coffey, ‘Olhand, jethro712 and 7 others Thank this.
  9. Jenkins2020

Jenkins2020 Light Load Member

May 28, 2020
    Truck with their cruise control set at below 65. I go to pass, they decide to bump up their speed. ok, cool whatever. I get back behind them and they start going slow again. this #### pisses me off to no end. If you wanna go slow that's fine but don't play games on the road.

10. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    A guy catches you, you let him past ya.
    A guy moves over to let you in/on, you let him back over in front of you.
    It is customary and proper driver etiquette.
    No shame in doing the right thing out here.

11. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    Then you go around:)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.