Move Over/Slow Down Laws

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by BigDog Trucker, Mar 1, 2019.

1. I had a typo pop up David wasn't supposed to be in there..oops was supposed to be lane.. was typing fast but what I do simply is when I see need to move over and there's nobody in the left lane I look to see how much traffic there is in the right lane. if it's wall-to-wall traffic and idiot city (you can tell the type of driver's your present with very easily) and I can sense somebody going to try to take advantage of reason moved over in 1st place and try to make their own passing Lane and stay in the right lane and give no courtesy; I just simply inch over little bit and put myself on the middle line and I lock both lanes down..you can try to come around in the right lane and well hopefully you end up having nothing and or try to go around in the left either way it only takes about 2 seconds the reason I do that now is because how many times do you move to the left lane for courtesy and some SOB or tons of idiots won't let you back over..so I will just simply as I said if I'm in the right lane and there's a danger up there and you need to move over flashing lights broke down car I don't care and I see people around present and it's definitely not just an abandoned vehicle I ease over a couple of inches and I for a few seconds until I pass by where I need to be I lock both lanes down and then I just use back over to the right lane if they can't wait 3 seconds....SMH

fast1buzz Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. fast1buzz

fast1buzz Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2019
    colorado
    I've pulled a lot of OS/OW how many times with or without a pilot car, have you attempted to change lanes only to have that jerk in the hammer lane speed up in order to get around you because they don't want to
    be bothered by your moving over thus trapping you into a situation you would rather not be in? I usually will
    just move on over anyway. Usually pisses them off pretty good generally become number one thereafter.

4. fast1buzz

Feb 6, 2019
    colorado
    This being a problem nation wide as professionals we the individuals on the road constantly should attempt
    on coming up with a logical solution. This forum is just the place to come up with something viable to do in
    order for the younger less experienced driver to learn from.

5. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    Coast to coast in Canada it’s Move over and slow down to 60 km/hr (37 mph) .. PS the Leo will often give the person he’s ticketing a break and go after someone who blows by him at highway speed

6. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    They never enforce it in Ontario.
    Mad max down here.

fss99701 Thanks this.
  7. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I know someone that got a DUI dismissed because the cop stopped in the middle of writing someone else a ticket to pursue him.

magoo68 Thanks this.
  8. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Even better, people will just blindly swerve over and do all this stupid crap even if the activity is on the shoulder of an exit lane.

9. Numb

Numb Crusty Curmudgeon

Jan 30, 2012
    Charlotte, N.Carolina
    you drivers complaining, we've been moving over as long as I've been driving,,(35 yrs), out of "common" courtesy.

and now you complain it's the law ??

we used to set the standard for safe driving practices and now look at us.

tinytim, beastr123, Muddydog79 and 9 others Thank this.
  10. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    Do i have to move over or slowdown for the trucks taking 30 min on the shoulder?

11. fast1buzz

Feb 6, 2019
    colorado
    If you don't the driver opens the door and steps out guess what?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.