Moving to Phoenix in March (Plastic Express?)

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by AXE, Mar 18, 2018.

1. AXE

AXE Road Train Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Chandler, AZ
    Moving to Phoenix around the end of March. What are some good companies to look at there? Not interested in OTR...out 1 or 2 nights a week would be ok. I've been pulling a bulk tanker for the last 4 years, strictly local, m-f, 730 to 300, 22.00 and hour with o\t. Would love something like that! lol
    Any info on Plastic Express?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    800-975-BOLT
    Tanker co right around the corner from my whse, hiring local drivers. I think they deliver fuel.
    2628 S. 16th Ave
    Phoenix, AZ 85007
    602-252-1903

AXE Thanks this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    There's 3 milk tanker companies in Phoenix.
    Eagle KMC has fuel tankers.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Fuel Transport Truck Driver, CDL Class A, Tanker Driver

Desert Refined Products Transport
    (Note: For our Phoenix Location)
    Weekly Pay - Monthly Safety Bonus - Home Daily

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    AXE Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Truck Driver
    Phoenix, Arizona - Posted on March 9, 2018
    Published By Ken Smith
    Now hiring CDL Class A Truck Drivers for work in the Phoenix, AZ area!
    Job Description
    Trillium Drivers, a leader in the staffing industry is currently seeking CDL Class A Truck Drivers for full-time work!
    Specific Duties include:
    •Deliver, relocate and remove Temporary construction Office units from job sites, hauling all products from storage containers to wide-loads. The majority of deliveries and pick-ups are local.
    •Set-ups and knockdowns of units, which includes blocking, leveling and anchoring of the trailers during delivery, removal of blocking material and anchoring during pickup. Installs tie downs when ordered.
    •Loads and unloads the truck. This includes assisting with the loading and unloading of steps, pads and piers.
    •Maintain truck log according to state and federal regulations.
    •Maintain all paperwork, ensuring customer signatures are collected, and daily logs are complete and handed to the dispatcher.
    •Maintain constant contact with the dispatcher to receive pickup and delivery instructions, and keep them informed of any safety or vehicle issues.
    •Perform emergency roadside repairs such as changing tires, installing light bulbs, fuses, tire chains, and spark plugs.
    •Installs VAPS (Value Added Products and Services) on site.
    •May be assigned all duties pertaining to Service Tech as business dictates.
    Hours are Monday - Friday from 7am-4:30pm. The pay rate is $20-$25 per hour, depending on experience. Our client is offering a full benefits package including Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, 401k and more!
    If you’re interested in this direct-hire opportunity, please apply today!
    Qualifications
    •Must be at least 21 years of age
    •Some knowledge of computers is necessary and good communications skills are required for dealing with customers, sales people, contractors, shop personnel as well as William Scotsman employees at various branch locations.
    •Previous commercial driving experience hauling wide-loads preferred.
    •A current valid CDL license and a good driving record are required.
    •Experience with set-up and knock down is preferred.
    •An up to date DOT and a Physical card is required.
    •Ability to lift 50 lbs. regularly on a daily basis.

Trillium Driver Solutions has been recruiting and hiring CDL Drivers for over 30 years. Whether you are seeking casual work or a full time driving career, let the experts at Trillium put you behind the wheel. Our clients range from Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, but our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees with an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

AXE Thanks this.
  6. Bill51

Bill51 Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2015
    They dropped a trailer up in Kent two or three weeks ago. Check your fifth wheel.

7. gpf87

gpf87 Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2017
    I don't know about plastic express , but go drive around 51st and buckeye and you'll probably have a local driving job that same week . Basically every ltl company is there and always hiring linehaul . Ruan is right there always hiring and their account with the bakery is a union job .

I could go on and on. Phoenix is probably the best place to try and find a local driving job it's a booming city thar just keeps getting bigger

AXE, Paddlewagon and TB John Thank this.
  8. HoustonTrucker

HoustonTrucker Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2015
    Just out of curiosity, why are all the LTL carriers always hiring linehaul out there? I'l probably be looking to transfer out that way with my company when my lease is up. My company has had linehaul spots open since at least September, probably longer, as does many other carriers in phoenix. Other cities in the southwest only seem to have linehaul spots open up occasionally.

Is it difficult to run linehaul/otr in the southwest? Snow and mountains a few hours away scare off drivers? Or is competition for drivers out there just that fierce? Just curious.

9. gpf87

gpf87 Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2017
    This is just my opinion, but I don't think most people can handle the night shift driving every single day

So between that turnover , transferring to a p&d hourly pay driver, and constant expansion ,they're always hiring .

Besides getting stuck in Flagstaff with snow or the occasional dust storm ,there isn't much weather out there.

I had a gravy run . Either Tucson to phx and back or Tucson to Douglas and back . Union job, , free single benefits , good money ,and I gave it up because I was going mad doing the same night driving every single day. I never got tired or anything I just got so bored with the same thing day in day out

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  10. HoustonTrucker

HoustonTrucker Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2015
    I'm making great money running linehaul at night in west tx, I just cant handle living here anymore. West TX has an awful quality of life. Can't wait to GTFO.

11. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    How about Las Vegas? Here's some line haul outfits with terminals there:
    Estes Express Lines
    Saia
    Old Dominion Freight Lines
    Reddaway
    YRC Freight
    Mountain Valley Express
    Oak Harbor Freight Lines
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Here's some other stuff in Las Vegas:
    Pan Western
    A&R Logistics
    Tru-Line Corporation - www.trulinecorp.com
    Bulk Transportation
    Clean Harbors
    Gemini Motor Freight - hauls for Love's Truck Stops. Diesel/DEF/tires in dry van.
    Apex Bulk Commodities
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.