Moving

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Azfar, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Azfar

Azfar Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2018
    Hi everyone,
    this may not be the right place to post this, maybe you can guide me to the right place. I am not a trucker , though i got my class 1, moving to BC from Regina end of July and was looking for a cheaper way to move my house hold stuff. I don't want to move any furniture, just small to medium sized boxes, like 50 of them. I was wondering if any of you could move my stuff at a good price. I know sometimes there is space in the trailer and boxes can be loaded on to them for the delivery. There are no time limitations. Please let me know if its possible and maybe you could guide me to the right place.
    Thanks a lot.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. upnorthwpg

upnorthwpg Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Uhaul???

4. Azfar

Azfar Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2018
    Uhaul is not a bad option, i looked into it, however if someone can pick it up and drop off in BC, that'll save me a lot of time because i have to drive my personal vehicle too. If someone is near Regina and is driving to BC with space in the trailer, i think that could be the best way to do the move.
    Now that depends if someone can suggest or direct me to someone who could do this .

Thanks

5. upnorthwpg

upnorthwpg Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2011
    They have car dollies as well. Tow your car behind the uhaul.

6. Azfar

Azfar Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2018
    True, i have looked into that too, my point is instead of paying Uhaul almost a thousand dollars because i does cost around that much and drive all this distance, why not pay the same to have it delivered and if i could pay a little less, all the better.

7. Noobtr

Noobtr Bobtail Member

May 30, 2018
    Hey.

Sorry am no help but have a question for you about license. Will you be able to get class 1 in Bc? Any restrictions?

8. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    50 boxes is about 1 skid. Get a few quotes from common carriers.

9. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    I don't think he likes the quotes. And figures someone "going that way anyway" should do it for a pat on the back and a couple of happy meals.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.