MTI in Georgia.

Discussion in 'Millis' started by srick773, Sep 20, 2008.

1. badcompany

badcompany Heavy Load Member

Sep 26, 2008
    cullman,alabama
    i would hope wearing glasses wouldnt disqualify you

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jeepwj02

Jeepwj02 Light Load Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Georgia
    haha I hope not that would be kinda crazy if they did. Heck millions of people wear contacts and glasses it seems I seriously doubt that would disqualify someone but who knows ????

4. L.B.

L.B. Third Generation Truck Driver

Jul 23, 2007
    Middle GA
    by restriction they mean stuff like air brakes, any kind of handicap restrictions. Glasses shouldn't be an issue.

5. srick773

srick773 Light Load Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Augusta, Georgia
    Hi everyone. ok the week I was at home for me, no pay. I'm still in training. As far a eye sight. I wear contacts. The only requirement is that you have your glasses at all times and if you choose contacts then have at least one spare set in your truck at all times. And if you get pulled over by DOT or if you have to pull into a weigh station then make sure you have your GLASSES ON!! It not it's fine city. And if you have contacts they may ask you to pull them out just to make sure you have them in.

beehive Thanks this.
  6. HoundDog55

HoundDog55 Bobtail Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Tennessee
    Any news from the November 10th class? I'm still scheduled for the Dec. 8th class.

7. srick773

srick773 Light Load Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Augusta, Georgia
    Hi everyone. sorry I have'nt been on here in a while. Just been kinda busy. Freight has been slow so we have been runnng broker loads alot the last few weeks. I got my CDL almost two weeks ago and I was supposed to test out with a trainer to get my own truck at the begining of last week but I oppted not to because I would have tested out in Black River Falls WI. Not my first choice because at that time there was this white powdery stuff all over the ground and it was falling from the sky to. Also it was so cold the roads had become really slick, not a good combination. Considering I'm from GA and that was my first real time driving in the white powdery stuff I opted not to do it. So I hope to do it sometime the begining of next week. Well not much else to say, freight is slow but I am getting alot of experience. Till next time.

8. HoundDog55

HoundDog55 Bobtail Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Tennessee
    Thanks for the update.

9. GGAlex

GGAlex Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Albany, NY, USA
    (Edit: I see now in another thread you gave ome reporting. If you trip over this, let us know your latest anyhow...)

Hi Srick,
    You out there and can you give us an update on how it's going for you? Get your own truck yet?
    I appreciate that you took the time to write out a narrative of your experience since starting at MTI, this is very helpful to those of us wannabes to help us make informed decisions.

Of particular note, how's freight volume/miles going with all the glood and doom of late?
    The reason I am looking at trucking now is because the economy did-in my last career of 15 years-- doesn't do me any good if the opportunity is not in trucking anymore either.
    (But I figure more beer is consumed in bad times, and apparently Millis has a good in with Miller and allied matierials hauling, so Millis does good when it's bad? A good Recession hedge? I'll drink to that.)

One other thing: So when you are out with the trainer, do you work something out to share in-truck-made meals and related chores to avoid eating out a lot (^$)? Or does the trainer get to use you like a frat pledge and make you buy all the meals and do the dirty jobs :) ?

Thanks much,
    Alex

Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
    Baack Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.