muffler part # anyone know? donaldson or walker?

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by rollin coal, May 13, 2016.

1. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    It's the exact same setup you had under your T600. Dual mufflers under there. Originally I don't know what length they were. It was factory catalytic converters I think. This is an MBN motor just before the ACERT's. All I can recall is they were much shorter than 51" because they had about 12" of flex connecting the outlet of the muffler to the elbows that go up between the frame rails then exiting the stacks. With a 51" muffler it just connects directly to those elbows. And there is absolutely no ability to adjust and set the stacks with a 51" muffler. That's why I want the shorter ones with the flex between the outlet and those elbows. I could never get the one stack adjusted just right it was always a little crooked. These 30" mufflers will have it back to "factory original" as it should be except for the restrictive nature of OEM.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dunchues

dunchues Medium Load Member

Mar 23, 2012
    new brunswick
    Don't know if they'll have the size you want but summit racing were the cheapest I found with fast delivery too

4. rollin coal

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    I want to say I love the way these mufflers sound. Much better than M100463's imo. A deeper tone, and a tad louder, but not obnoxiously ear ringing loud. Truck sounds great I love it driving with the sunroof cracked.

The bad. They are over priced. Don't ever waste your money on anything from Pitts Power or Chrome Shop Mafia. They're outsourced to a muffler manufacturer called United. United doesn't stock this particular muffler but they do custom build it for PP, or anyone who knows what specs they want in a muffler, United will make it. No idea what they charge.

I did need a much shorter muffler than what I had. 51" were just too long and these 30" are perfect. But I would suggest on a budget if you have a mig welder or access to one, which I don't, just buy M100463 and cut it to whatever length you want with a cutoff wheel then weld the end back on. I needed to get it back together and going again ASAP so I really didn't have time to dick around with alternatives. I am very happy with end result though.

Last edited: May 24, 2016
    The Admiral Thanks this.
  5. rollin coal

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    No part number on it. Just a custom built muffler and not aluminized.

20160518_192938.jpg 20160518_192950.jpg

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.