Multiband Systems on New Trucks

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Dahammer, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Dahammer

Dahammer Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Dang it, you don't make it any easier bragging on it like that. Naturally, when given an option of a Corvette or a Chevette, I lean towards the Corvette. The only thing I don't particularly like, option wise, about the Stryker is the lack of SSB. But then again, I had LSB installed in my Cobra 25 when I bought it new some 16 or 17 years ago and have used it like twice, maybe. So it's pretty safe to say I don't need SSB. I've read the reports of too much light as well, but I don't think that will be an issue for me and I think they have a fix for that now as well. But like with everything else I research before buying, I tend to overthink/overresearch it. It's just a radio for christ sakes, if I don't like it then I can sell it and get something else.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. User Name

User Name Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2008
    Midwest
    My Ranger has SSB & I don't think I've ever used it except maybe to ease drop. I've been around CB's for some time, long enough to remember my CB license call numbers, & never could get interested in side band.

4. jessejamesdallas

jessejamesdallas Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    You would probably like the Stryker 440. or if you need that extra kick, there is always the 490 to consider also. I know a couple of years ago there was talk of Stryker coming out with a SSB model, but I haven't seen anything recently on that idea...I'm like you....I have SSB on my Galaxy 93t...But bet i've only talked on it a hand full of times, since I've had the radio...just not into SSB...

For the money, I don't think you can beat those radios...And they do have a fix for the brightness now your right. You can go to Strykers Home page, and it's listed right there.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.