Must have been a nightmare student.

Discussion in 'Knight' started by Jastermite, May 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knucklehead619

Knucklehead619 Medium Load Member

Mar 11, 2014
    Flyover Country
    I've been that trainer who was sick to death of dealing with an idiot student who wouldn't listen/didn't care. In each of those cases I put those students out of the truck but at the nearest terminal. A few more hours listening to someone call me every name in the world wasn't going to hurt me.I've also had a student threaten to "beat my ###" while he was on my truck. He got put out at the nearest truck stop AFTER I called both the company and the police. The circumstances don't matter in this case. Putting anyone out on the highway is illegal in almost every state. I get the feeling that trainer will be out on his butt and looking for a new job soon.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Vito

Vito Heavy Load Member

Jun 4, 2012
    North Carolina
    Correct, we don't know what happened. Maybe the conversation went like this:

Trainer: If you don't want to listen to me and start driving more safely, you can pull over now and get out.

Student: Fine, I'm done with this!

So the trainer calls the student on it, now the ex-student is whining about it.

4. ShortBusKid

ShortBusKid Heavy Load Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Vegas
    Pulling over on the side of a high speed roadway for any reason short of an emergency is just dumb period. Not to mention they are right next to an off ramp which would have been the slightly better choice. Maybe the truck is broke down but most likely one of these two violated their companies sitting duck policy so maybe they're both looking for a job.

5. CaptainDaveG

CaptainDaveG Road Train Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Fremont Wi
    If I am a Knight HR person I would be directing that trainer to the nearest terminal....and he would be done. There is never a reason to drop someone one the side of the highway....safety is always first. If the trainer felt he was in that much danger call the law there happy to come out. Be safe out there

Captain Dave

6. Old Man

Old Man Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Trainer looks calm.
    Good drugs?

7. 77smartin

77smartin Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2011
    I dunno.
    Before you listen to both sides of the story? Probably not a good HR move in today's world.

8. Arkansas

Arkansas Medium Load Member

Dec 20, 2014
    LA- Lower Arkansas
    I can't see any reason to put someone out on the side of the road. He could at least drop him at a truck stop.

9. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    If someone made a physical threat or actually put hands on would be more than sufficient reason; terminal or not, they should be tossed immediately. Of course, we have no idea what actually occurred, but that is just one justifiable reason to toss someone out.

Arkansas Thanks this.
  10. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    There's a better way to handle booting a trainee and what was done here ain't it. Trainer needs to think it through..

11. 59halfstep

59halfstep Light Load Member

Mar 17, 2008
    Brighton, MI
    Well here is one case where the driver facing camera may pay someone a dividend. But I still fear it won't help only hurt after lawyers are through with it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.